+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to return to work tomorrow...

Time to return to work tomorrow...

I have been off the majority of the last 2 weeks, outside of some conference calls, emails,etc which mostly have been from out of the office but tomorrow I must return. I will be looking forward to it after I get there but dreading getting up and getting ready already in the am. My week is jammed pack tho after being off. I really haven't done as much stamping as I thought, we were gone for a few days over Christmas and this week I have hung out at home. Had plans to do some cleaning and organizing. I did do a couple of kitchen cabinets. Maybe next time I will get more done. I have slept, read and just hung out.
    I keep struggling with the retirement thing...don't think I am quite ready to give up the structure but sure could do with less stress. I have a good job, good people and enjoy most of the time but feeling stressed about going back after time off. Everyone says I will know when to give up and retire.

Re: Time to return to work tomorrow...

I hate to see vacations come to an end. I hope getting back into the swing of thins comes easy for you

Back to reality tomorrow for all of us here as well. Fred gets to work from home tomorrow so he doesn't really have to leave, but I do. Freezing rain later tonight in the forecast although it seems crazy after bone chilling cold this weekend.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Yep I like to be home when's it cold and snowy or rainy. Best wishes for a safe day tomorrow for all getting out in this frigid weather.

Freezing rain now listed as a Heavy rain warning so at least the roads should be okay.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

6. Re: Time to return to work tomorrow...

Still not sure what Im doing tomorrow. There is sooo very little chance of my work closing although the entire city of StL is closed... If I don't get a call, I will leave a couple hours before I have to be there & see how it goes. If it's too icky, I'll come back home!! Wish they'd just call it off!!!

Our day got cancelled fairly early so no work for me and it's sounding like possibly not Tues. either. We really have the snow coming down this afternoon/evening so the roads will probably not be good in the morning and then comes the cold. Add onto it that our xray machine went down last Monday, but with the holiday couldn't get anyone till Thurs. While it's only 10 yrs. old, the mfgr does not support it anymore and of course, it is a weird problem and the service man is having issues. So anyone who needed an xray has already been postponed, looks like more of the same for Tues. OK by me, don't really want to venture out in 0* temps anyway.

Paula, even though I too have a good job, like my boss and coworkers, I can't wait to retire and I have too many years ahead of me! With hubby disabled, we can't both not work, soooo. Apparently I was meant to be a princess, sadly I am the only one who knows this.

Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
    Our day got cancelled fairly early so no work for me and it's sounding like possibly not Tues. either. We really have the snow coming down this afternoon/evening so the roads will probably not be good in the morning and then comes the cold. Add onto it that our xray machine went down last Monday, but with the holiday couldn't get anyone till Thurs. While it's only 10 yrs. old, the mfgr does not support it anymore and of course, it is a weird problem and the service man is having issues. So anyone who needed an xray has already been postponed, looks like more of the same for Tues. OK by me, don't really want to venture out in 0* temps anyway.

Paula, even though I too have a good job, like my boss and coworkers, I can't wait to retire and I have too many years ahead of me! With hubby disabled, we can't both not work, soooo. Apparently I was meant to be a princess, sadly I am the only one who knows this.
    I am sorry, I guess I didn't know your hsb had retired for disability. Yes that adds stress when you know you gotta keep going. My hubby retired young but he is 9 yrs older. He really would like for me to retire. I have the time in and always thought I would retire the minute I had my time in, but that has come and gone.

Certainly you are a princess but you are a working princess.

9. Re: Time to return to work tomorrow...

I'm a few years from retirement age but I have the feeling with the time comes I won't be ready either. I've been with my company almost 26 years and seen so many changes. The latest changes are the worst I've experienced and I've been toying with the idea of finding a new job vs. toughing it out for a few more years. I've maxed out my retirement benefits so the only loss would be five weeks vacation. (I had seven weeks but they took two weeks away a couple of years ago so the max vacation is now five weeks no matter how long you've worked there). Not sure I want to start over somewhere else but the 24/7 stress is getting to me. I'd prefer to stay home and watch my grandchildren but that would mean an hour commute each way and that would get expensive).
    Teresa

Teresa same for us, took away some vacation leave so we max out at 24 days per yr, I was offered recently a good job but would have been giving up time off, now pretty much I have time off and can work from home sometimes-but I just am not ready to give up the structure of going to work. It becomes your identity (for me) and so I have to figure out my place etc...

Today was a good day, busy but pasted very quickly. It is cold here tho, so in the am it will be a little bit of a challenge to get going-we are in the low teens already and man is it windy. I imagine this must be what it is like in Barrow AK all the time. Guess it is good to be in NC now.

+ Reply to Thread