+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My resignation from Moderator duties

Hybrid View

My resignation from Moderator duties

Well Ladies, the time has come for me to step down from my moderating duties at the Stamp Shack. Due to lack of support from the owner/host of the Stamp Shack website and resulting lack of participation by members I no longer wish to be a moderator here. This once thriving hive of friendship and inspiration has been reduced to a mere shell. I don't need the drama that the few unhappy members bring into my life. I will be a regular member from now on. I notified the Shack host 3 days ago and have had no response, so I just wanted to let you all know that I will be forwarding any moderator emails or private messages from here on in to the Shack host.
    I have had no personal communication from the Shack Host since June. If you look at his member page here you will see he hasn't visited our site since 08-29-2013.
    Sarah

Re: My resignation from Moderator duties

Sarah I am so sorry that this is happening!! You have been a great moderator all of these years! I so very much appreciate all of the work you have put into the Shack!!! You have made a better place.

I too don't see how it can survive much longer, I am very sad as I used to look forward to coming here each day and catching up on all the happenings and finding lots of inspiration for not only stamping but just everyday life.
    I fear we will lose contact with many of our Shackie friends if the site folds.

Again, THANK YOU for all you have done and I am sorry that a few have brought you much unhappiness. Please know that the majority of us appreciate all the hard work and dedication!

Sarah, I am so sad to hear this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done for us here at the Shack. It will be a very sad day if the Shack shuts down....

Paula said exactly what i feel. thank you sarah for all your work and dedication to the shack. Now with no shackhost communications, and we are down to 1 moderator, who quite frankly i would blame if she resigned too, I am wondering anew if I should pay my membership that is coming up. sigh.. makes me sad.

I have given 6 years to the Moderating Job. In many ways it has brought me closer to the members here. I will always cherish the friendships I have made at the Shack. I will still be around, but just as a member like the rest of you. I am in the Flood swap and looking forward to still sending and receiving cards to/from all the lovely ladies . I have the address of everyone I am connected with here at the Shack written in my address book .Thankyou for your support Ladies.
    Sarah

6. Re: My resignation from Moderator duties

Thanks for your efforts Sarah. I wish I was internet savvy as I would revive the Shack somehow and make it what it used to be!
    Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by tesschap View Post
    Thanks for your efforts Sarah. I wish I was internet savvy as I would revive the Shack somehow and make it what it used to be!
    I've thought that myself, Teresa. Or if I had the cash to run it. So sorry to see us losing both of you as moderators, but can totally understand your reasons for doing so. Very sad what our home here has turned into.

Kathy

I check his online status often, too. :-) Thanks again for your dedication over the years. As for the flood, I am wondering if we should copy the names and addresses of the participants because I expect to someday just "not be able to get in" and not everyone is reachable via FB.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Heather, I was wondering this myself. My renewal is due in a couple weeks as I am sure many are in the coming weeks/months. Is everyone going to want to sign up with how things have been going? I'd be willing to still have it go if the Shack isn't here anymore. Considering I am one of the unreachables.

Kathy

I will renew until it is here no more. I am committed to not throwing in the towel. I have enjoyed the Shack and made lots so stamping friends here. I would hate to lose contact!
    Also I agree with Teresa and others wish I was savvy enough to know how to run it and restore it, we need Sherry back. I would pay more per year to keep it going. I love swapping here because it is flaker free etc...

+ Reply to Thread