+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The snow has started...

The snow has started...

The weather has been forecasting a big winter storm for us for days...the snow is starting. Several inches of snow and some ice so we will see. My agency is on standby for Emergency Command Operations and Shelter Operations. We will see if the power holds out. So off to work I go...would be a good day to stay home to drink hot chocolate and stamp.

Re: The snow has started...

Yuck! Take care on the roads! We don't get it until tomorrow. Another foot of snow predicted here. It must be awful for you in the south to have to deal with all this crap.
    Dee

3. Re: The snow has started...

Be safe during this storm. It's supposed to start here by 10 AM tomorrow and last until mid-day Friday. We are planning to leave at 6AM on Friday for a snowmobile trip to Maine and it appears we will be in the midst of the storm as we travel. I suggested we stay home this weekend and head to Maine next week but at the moment the couple we are traveling with still wants to go this week.

I can't believe how much cold, ice and snow the southern states are getting this winter. My son relocated to Richmond VA as a school administrator. He school has had nine snow/cold weather days since January 6th and they are closed today - Friday. This is crazy!
    Teresa

Wondering how you are making out? On news it looks terrible down there.
    Dee

Quote Originally Posted by tesschap View Post
    Be safe during this storm. It's supposed to start here by 10 AM tomorrow and last until mid-day Friday. We are planning to leave at 6AM on Friday for a snowmobile trip to Maine and it appears we will be in the midst of the storm as we travel. I suggested we stay home this weekend and head to Maine next week but at the moment the couple we are traveling with still wants to go this week.

I can't believe how much cold, ice and snow the southern states are getting this winter. My son relocated to Richmond VA as a school administrator. He school has had nine snow/cold weather days since January 6th and they are closed today - Friday. This is crazy!
    Friday doesn't look like a great day to travel. Looks like you will be chasing it right up through.......BE CAREFUL!
    Dee

ick!! yes, paula, let us know how your faring. here in my neck of the woods they are predicting 10 to 16 inches with some icing also..bring on summer please!!!

I'm with Cindi, so ready for winter to be over. How did things go today, Paula? Hope it went ok and the area was prepared for all the bad weather.

Kathy

We have about 8-12 inches-so far in my county no power outages! Little more snow today. It is pretty! But I am sure those that are having to get out in it today (like me) may not think so. We are still under "State of Emergency". It is heading up the coast- the storm is huge so I am sure it will quite a blast of snow for you guys above us.

Glad to hear from you Paula! Seeing some parts of your state are a real bad mess. Stay safe!
    Dee

10. Re: The snow has started...

Thanks Dee. No, it's not looking like tomorrow will be a very good travel day. Latest weather report says it should clear up by 10:00 AM tomorrow. I'm guessing we'll have a later than planned start to our trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberLady603 View Post
    Friday doesn't look like a great day to travel. Looks like you will be chasing it right up through.......BE CAREFUL!
    Teresa

+ Reply to Thread