+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another storm day

Another storm day

Ice pellets and freezing rain made the roads in the province treacherous so we are home again today. I shudder to think of the total days off this year so far. We are over ten for sure. I am certain someone is tallying but I haven't.

Hope all are warm and cozy where you are.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

Re: Another storm day

I'm sorry that you are having such a bad time this year Heather. I feel for you, I really do. It is April now, and usually there are some signs of spring, but it is -14 here in Edmonton this morning and I think that we have all had enough!
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

yikes, again? kids here are over their school days too and now are making them up on saturdays

That is too cold for this time of year, Chris!
    HeatherJ

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

We actually had decent temps, maybe 50's, but windy, oh momma was it windy! At least the sun was shining too. Hope it heads your way soon, Heather.

Kathy

I need the sun. Cindi we don't have an official set amount of storm days allotted. About 10 years ago, the union agreed to adding 5 days to our school year (up to 195 now) to compensate. Some years are worse than others but they felt it was a fair trade off. That is why we don't have to report to school on storm days. It may change in a future contract, as it is a negotiated thing but so far, not required. Most teachers work on school things for at least part of the day from home, not to mention the evenings and weekends. I know I do, so I don't feel guilty.
    HeatherJ

Never any need to feel guilty Heather! My son-in-law is a teacher, and is so busy with teaching and extracurricular activities, that often when we see them for dinner, he is eating and then going back to the school. A very dedicated teacher, as I'm sure you are too.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

+ Reply to Thread