+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anything new

Re: Anything new

Laying mulch over at my mom's tomorrow, lots of mulch. Her yard has been overrun by what looks like solid green Snow on the Mountain, it is a nightmare at about 2 feet tall and has taken over most of her MANY flower beds. Don't know if it came with something from a plant swap or if a bird pooped it in! Either way is is bad news, we are taking weed killer to basically everything to try and eradicate it and then laying mulch over top. She has a large yard and like I said most of the beds have it so...

Dance recital for our niece in the evening.

funny, I got an email from Sweet Stamps earlier this week and wondered where that came from. I assumed I signed up for something as the stamp show last month. Sadly, I deleted the email already.

Kathy

wow Kathy, that mulching project sounds like a lot of work!!

No card making for me - too much to do in the garden and yard yet.
    I spent the weekend staining the benches and the flower boxes, such picky things, took more time than I expected. But it sure looks good now!
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    wow Kathy, that mulching project sounds like a lot of work!!
    You have NO idea. I think we laid all but 6 or 7 bags and did such a small area. In her healthier days, mom was a mega gardener with flower beds around the perimeter of the house, garage, sunroom, all along the fences in the yard, around the shed and 4 other freestanding beds. All except the very back of the yard and leading from there up the sides for a short distance is ALL overrun with the plant/weed. It is ridiculous and happened in just a couple years. We really need to get a yard of mulch and that probably would not do the trick. It is really disheartening to go back there and just see all this madness. It's a shame cause there are some lovely plants back there, my mom put a boatload of money into them and I wouldn't touch a thing. There is no way I want that weed in my yard.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread