+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howdy all!

1. Howdy all!

Retirement life is very good to me and is extremely full. As most of you know I returned to 2 Peas to stamp--afterall it was the first "home" for many of us and I had remained active in their 3 annual challenge events. On Monday we ended another one of those events. Like here the number of stampers have decreased significantly. This morning when I went to post on the forum a notice came on my screen that said they are closing their business. The message boards are already not accepting any new messages. The gallery content will only be available till July 10th. So if you have anything in the gallery you want access to you will need to move it. Another sad note for those of us who love to stamp.

On a brighter note I have just been invited to be on the opening design team for a brand new Mixed Media Card Challenge It is a monthly challenge and the 1st challenge will be posted on the 1st of July. A description of the general process is on the site now....you might want to check it out.

I sure hope all is well with each of you!
    Inky hugs...Jan

Re: Howdy all!

It is all so sad in the stamping world now. I have always enjoyed the sites, message boards, and cardmaking friends. I don't what this means for the future. Social Media such as Facebook is hard to have those great discussions and see whats going on. I hope we can keep this little site here going for a while! There sure has been lots of inspiration provided to us by 2Peas. Hate to see it go too.

BTW Jan, great to see you here!! I hope this means you will be stopping by more!

I sent you a long overdue email.

Kathy

Great to hear from you Jan! Congrats on the design team! Sad news about 2 Peas.

Sally

hey Jan, great to see you posting. I heard about 2 peas yesterday, sad sad. congrats on the design team gig, how fun. glad your enjoying retirement

Hi Jan, great to see you here. I checked out the Mixed media cards site...that is so YOU! congrats on the DT gig. I look forward to seeing the challenges
    Sarah

Congrats on the design team Jan, you surely deserve it! It's sad about 2 peas, it seems that one after another, the sites are closing.
    I don't find Facebook a great alternative for our own scrapping and carding websites. Since I started making cards 20 years ago, I have been thru so many sites, it's hard to know how it will all end up.
    Chris
    A day without stamping is like a day without sunshine.

My Stamp Shack Gallery

I thought of you immediately when I got the news of 2 Peas. Congratulations on your design team invite. Very "you", as Sarah said.
    My computer is not working again on wifi so I don't get here often either. My phone just doesn't make it easy to do. Had to hook it up to Fred's work nework to scan something for my brother so took the opportunity to jump on the Shack site.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

9. Re: Howdy all!

Thanks all for your notes and good wishes! Things are calming down for 2P stampers. One of the current members had a site that we are using to regroup which is extremely helpful. And Scrapbook.com developed a bridge from their gallery to 2Peas. So folks who have used it are very pleased with the speed and info that can be saved without cost. Here is the link anyone wants to check it out BEFORE July 10.

Last week was a flurry to get everything created and connected for the Mixed Media Card Challenge. We are all pleased with the broad diversity of cards the team made to share that any type of card can include mixed media.

Hope you are enjoying getting inky!

+ Reply to Thread