+ Reply to Thread

Thread: July Flood Thank Yous

1. July Flood Thank Yous

Flood has started in Utah .... thank you so much to Nancy Anthony and Becky Rose for the cutest cards --- love the 'Sew Many Friends' and 'stache' .... happy mail is so fun to receive!!! Have posted my card to Sarah! More flood mail for me .... thanks to Mary Reece and Christine Smith --- loving this fun mail!!!! Received a 'beary' cute card from Sarah -- thanks!! Off to Idaho for a couple of days with my daughter! More flooding in Utah -- received awesome cards from Kathy Piwko and Joan Mowers yesterday! Loving being flooded this month!!! Received a lovely card about chocolates from Heather ... thanks so much.

Was off to Vegas for a week with my daughter and cousins from Missouri. Received cards from Angie and Paula yesterday -- much needed!!!

On July 29, my husband suffered 3 seizures -- uncertain of reason why -- glad I was home from Vegas. Found him lying on bedroom floor with blood coming from mouth, called 911, transported to ER. Had grand mals seizure in ER. Had smaller seizure at home lasting less than a minute -- had administered Kepprra to him at ER so thinking it stunted this seizure. No other seizure activity since 6 pm Monday night. Bit through his tongue on both large seizures so it is about 3 times as large as should be; muscles and lower back really sore. Have followup with neurologist on Tue, 6 Aug.
    Susan
    <*)))>< God never ignores Knee-mail! ><(((*>

Re: July Flood Thank Yous

Oh my goodness Susan, what a shame, but as you said, thankfully you were home from Vegas. I am saying some prayers for your husband.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I am so sorry to hear about your husband Susan, must be scary for both of you. Hope you get good news from the neuro doc.

Glad you received my card!

Oh good heavens, how awful. I am adding my prayers as well.

Kathy

5. Re: July Flood Thank Yous

Thanks dear ladies for the thoughts and prayers! It was the scariest thing for me, as well as my husband. Today we are having a scan of his lungs as they saw something not quite right in the lower left lung. Tomorrow we have a follow up with his Primary Care Physician and Wednesday we see the neurologist. His tongue is getting better daily but still hard for him to swallow, talk. He is getting his sustenance from fruit/veggie popsicles.

Thanks to Chris (Limeyscrapper) and Frankie Sue for the beautiful cards -- I love them both and the embellies too!!!
    Susan

Poor guy(you too), please keep us posted, Susan.

Kathy

7. Re: July Flood Thank Yous

Received some more flood cards yesterday -- thanks to JoAnn McClay and Jennifer Emmi -- both cards had a butterfly theme which represents newness to me! Hubby is still on anti-seizure meds but we have completed several tests and will see neurologist this coming week to see if can be modified or discontinued. He had a CT scan of his lung which showed nothing amiss there -- that was good as he had previously smoked for over 50 years and just recently quit. He has also had an MRI and an EEG and that is what we will get the results from this week. The hives still come and go but are not as bad as they were initially. No seizures and his tongue is finally back to normal. Praise God.
    Susan

Sounds like things are getting better. That is great news.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

9. Re: July Flood Thank Yous

Received a cute super stamp woman card from Patty Pope today

Update on the DH -- Neither the MRI nor the EEG showed any conclusive evidence of anything which might have triggered the seizures and he is still covered with hives. He has to continue the anti-seizure meds until November. Will see an allergist in October when his Medicare kicks in.
    Susan

Thanks for the update on your hubby. It's so frustrating when you can't get a definitive diagnosis on something, especially like a seizure. That is really bizarre about the hives too. Keeping a good thought for you both.

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread