+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need help with my account. I've tried contacting the web administrator....

I need help with my account. I've tried contacting the web administrator....

Hi Shackies! A year ago, I had asked the web administrator NOT to renew my account (after seeing a $12 charge to my bank account). Yet, nobody replied to my email. A few days ago, my bank account had been charged, again, another $12. I did not want to renew my account, again, but I've been charged -- again. Does anybody know of the best way to contact the web administrator? I've tried, twice, to contact them through the 'contact link' on this website, but I think I'm being ignored. It sucks because I've now been charged for a total of $24 when I never wanted to renew my membership last year or this year. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

Re: I need help with my account. I've tried contacting the web administrator....

Ethel, sorry to say, I don't think any of us has contact either. We are basically on our own. Your Paypal settings must still be set to automatic subscriptions. I was able to find mine down through the layers of Paypal and successfully turned it off before renewal in April. Perhaps the Paypal folks may be your place to try next, considering you tried the admins first. Good luck.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

3. Re: I need help with my account. I've tried contacting the web administrator....

I would contact your bank and tell them that you have not authorized this charge. They can refund it and that may get the site administrator to take a look at all of the messages they are not responding to.
    Teresa

Re: I need help with my account. I've tried contacting the web administrator....

Yep, that's my take on it too. You needed to take it off auto renew yourself, they aren't going to do it. They don't even run this site anymore. I think we're just out here in the web universe by ourselves. I would think you could get it refunded through Paypal. Sorry you don't come around more, I miss hearing about your family and seeing your work.

Kathy

I have not had any contact with the administrators for over a year now. I just don't know what can be done to get their attention. Contact your bank and report it as a theft, or a dispute in Paypal, that's all I can suggest.
    Sarah

6. Re: I need help with my account. I've tried contacting the web administrator....

Ethel, I think there is a setting in your paypal account in which you can see a list of all recurring payments/subscriptions. You should be able to cancel the subscription there and perhaps even dispute the charge with paypal.

+ Reply to Thread