+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone have holiday plans this year for upcoming season.....

Does anyone have holiday plans this year for upcoming season.....

It is getting close, not many shopping days left.

What are your plans for the upcoming holidays...are there any must haves out there for card makers?

Re: Does anyone have holiday plans this year for upcoming season.....

we gather with Gary's family on Christmas even and with mine on Christmas day. we don't do gifts anymore with my family and usually do a yankee swap with gary's so I don't have much shopping to do. I still have 1 more craft fair for sure and am thinking of taking on one more so still crafting away
    "

I have my Christmas cards finished with just a couple of "special" cards left to make. Might make a couple covered journals for gifts but that's about it. Don't have anything crafty on my wish list this year.
    Sarah

4. Re: Does anyone have holiday plans this year for upcoming season.....

I'm trying to get motivated to stamp my holiday cards this year. I'm just so danged busy!

I have been making cards for Christmas, then working on some items for one more craft fair. Sarah making journals sounds fun, do you stitch (bind with thread in some way) the cover? I tried that once, it was not easy.

Cindi what's a Yankee Swap-sounds fun!

Sherry good to see you here! Hope you can get motivated!

Luckily I made a bunch of cards in April when Jen and I went to a stamp weekend. I have a couple that need finishing though and zero ambition to do so. I did buy an adorable box at Costco last year and didn't use them so I think those will get sent this year and maybe a few of the ones I made to those who really appreciate them. Then I'll be ahead of the game for next year!

Gift buying will be low key this year, 4 of the nieces/nephews are older teens and you know what they want. My 8, 12 & 13 y/o's will get gifts. Lego's for the boys probably and not sure what Miss Sarah would like. Hmm, 13 year old girl? Clothes! Have to spend less what with not working for 3 months while my boss recuperated.

Kathy

A yankee swap is where we all bring one gift, then lets say are 10 of us we put numbers on scrap paper 1 through 10..everyone picks a number. 1 starts first and also gets to pick the gift tyhey want at the end. so number one picks a wrapped gift and opens it. we all see what it is, then number 2 opens a gift and decides weather to keep it or trade with number 1..so on and son on..it's fun

I am looking forward to having Emily home. She may not be home next Christmas if she goes to school in the UK so we will cherish the time this year.We have some theatre tickets in the city and will stay overnight at least once.

I made about 20 Christmas cards on my weekend retreat so will make sure they get out. Hope to make a few more for the close friends that can have a few more "do dads" since they don't get mailed.
    HeatherJ
    http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.com/

October 2009 Bingo numbers are 6, 12, 18, 24, 31, 39, 54, 70, 82, 97

My winning Bingo numbers 3 6 12 30 50 61 65 80 93 98 - I want to keep them in the hall of fame!!

I bet you will have a great time having Emily home!
    The cards sound lovely! Wish we had retreats close by. I am going Dec to an A Muse day with the owner. It should be fun!
    I have made several cards for a craft fair at the end of the month. This Saturday I will go to the indoor farmer's market. Hopefully sell some fall/Thanksgiving cards.
    Need to get busy for more Christmas ornaments etc...

+ Reply to Thread