+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Memorial day

Happy Memorial day

Happy Memorial Day everyone. I hope everyone is having a great Holiday weekend and a safe one too. Gary got the dates mied up, we are putting the docks in at Camp next weekend, so he thought thisn weekend..and I made no plaNS cause I thought we were busy.
    so a pretty low key weekend for us. supposed to be warm today, we may go for a ride then take a propane tank out to camp and throw something on the grill for supper.

Re: Happy Memorial day

We had a pretty great weekend here too. Weather was some of the best we've had in years, even in the early morning when I'd let the dogs out it was not too chilly. We got a lot done at the cottage including taking out 3 bushes that weren't on the schedule for, well possibly not even this year but the chainsaw came out and bam before ya knew it we had 3 less bushes. then they were burning all our old cupboards and that stuff was going up like crazy since it was so old. Then they piled on all the bushes. Other than the stumps in the ground, you'd never know they even existed!

Jeff Daniels was very fun, he sang a bunch of original songs he wrote. the theater was great, very small and not a bad seat. Except where we were the seats were hard plastic so it did get a bit uncomfortable, but we lived.

Kathy

I didn't do much, either R&R for me. Worked in some stamping time. Went to Cracker Barrel with the hubby, made a quick trip through Michaels, no ATG refills, no nesties. But still managed to spend a few dollars.
    Today back to work- thinking about whether I will retire in 2016. Hardest decision I have ever made.

I'll help you, retire! I can't wait to retire and I have a long way to go and hubby and I can't both not work.( I know, double negative but the sentence seems to work as is) Whenever I thought maybe someday he'd be well enough to go back to work, he ends up with some new malady. I've stopped wondering, he doesn't need any more health issues!
    That's my 2 cents.

Kathy

I think that I probably well next year. I have been eligible for retirement for a while- I am only 58 but have full benefits. It just scares me to not work because I always have. My hubby has been retired for several years. He was able to do early retirement plus he is 9 years older than me.

I am sorry your hubby has health issues, I didn't really realize that. That must be tough too. When you get there to retirement you might change your mind.

well Paula, you could retire, then if your bored or lost volunteer or get a part time job that you would find fun

+ Reply to Thread