+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Re: Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just heard about some wildfires in western Australia. Can't help thinking about our awesome (former) mod Sarah. Although there has been brutal weather, hmm can you really call fire weather, all over our country. I am sure many Shackies(we're all still shackies in my heart) have had some trying times these past few months. We're only getting a bit of snow here today, but it's being prefaced with some freezing rain and we have a brunch to attend for my coworkers 50th so sadly we'll be out driving in it soon.

Kathy

I know, I think about many of the Shackies and wonder how they are all doing, how many still stamp or make cards. I have seen Sarah on FB but not recently. Remember Kirsty, she posts some over there, her children are growing up quickly. She is so artistic.
    Angie Reece/Mary Reece-Mary's husband Tom has a brain tumor that is quite serious and undergoing radiation. Someone said Heather Slack that use to post to our gallery from Nova Scotia is in an assisted living, maybe Sarah had an email for her nephew. She was always so kind.
    Be careful out and about, we are finally having cold. It is really cold after all of the unseasonably warm.

Oh that is so terrible about both Tom and Heather. I remember Tom had some type of heart issue(I think) while he and Mary were on vacation a couple years ago. Sounds like I need to send some prayers out. Yes, I always liked Kirsty's work as well, she seemed like a fun person.

Kathy

I miss Dee too and she is not on face book, either , as that is where I keep in touch with many shackies

Yes wonder how Dee is doing, I wish we could get them all back here to find out what it is going on with them and their families.

Well, my MIL went home yesterday after 3 weeks with us. She really did need to since she wasn't doing anything at our place, she needs to be doing her little putzing around the house jobs or she'll never get back in the groove to get back to work. She seems to think after a month of basic inactivity she'll be able to just jump right back in at Kroger and work her 8 hour shifts, she's crazy! David is worried she will have another stroke, I said at least now she is on medications that will hopefully prevent that from happening.

I'm glad we've been able to keep this little thread going for as long as we have. Thanks for checking back in. I'm trying to remember to do so as well.

Kathy

glad your MIL is getting better, but your right, baby steps

Thanks Cindi, at least she said today she's not going to go back until the 2nd week in Feb. and hubby said he's going to tell the doctor to make sure she makes it part time only.

Have you been working on anything new? Any new mixed media projects? Say hi to Mrs. Fence for me.

Kathy

I am working on a set of 3 tags using the julie nutting doll stamps for a swap right now. join us on mixed media monday soon

I still get the emails saying that it's on but it's usually well after the fact. I check her blog every now and then, I like her new stamps but haven't bothered buying anything new craftwise since last years misguided Misti purchase. I hope to get a handle on my stamping area later this year, like when it's not so flipping cold in the basement! I figure if I'm not going to use it, it shouldn't look like such a PIT! Every now and then when I only have a few minutes left on the washer cycle and I am not about to walk up and then back down, I spend it going through stuff. I need to give away a bunch of stuff. There is just so much people have given me that I'll never use so why keep it around?

Kathy

+ Reply to Thread