+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Re: Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I hear ya, I could use a good destashing myself

Kathy glad you MIL is improving. I bet work will be good for so she can be active. That is the thing I hope I remember when I retire later this year- activity. I have had such a sedentary job for the last few years, I have to remember to get up. I hope each morning I will go walk in the park first then come home and start the day.

I like Cindi could stand to purge. I get so distracted tho when I start.
    Scrap paper takes over my life, I did just dump all the bits and pieces last year, but I now my trays are full again.

Have you seen the new small misti- it is for cardmakers, I think I might have to give it a try. It is less expensive then the full size. I went to the Heirloom show in Lawerenceville Ga yesterday but didn't find it. Panpastels are hot, Tim Holtz new cats are going to be. The crazy birds still. Copics seem to be losing the popularity altho I saw lots of the Chameleon markers to but no refills yet.
    I bought stamps and paper. I did buy four Zig Clean markers to try. They seem to be a new craze too. Dies of all sizes and kinds! It was fun but way to many people. If I go next year it will be back to Sun. I hope to go to the A Muse Convention this year as it will be within a couple of hours of my home.

This is about it for now. Still looking forward to retirement end of July!

I went looking for the Misti, looks to be about the size it should have been in the first place. Oh well, not even thinking about another one, mine hasn't bee touched since last April.

Paula, are you in countdown yet? at least you have less than 6 months to go!

Kathy

deleted duplicate post, forum doing weird things!

Kathy

I am on the count down. I have less than 120 workdays left. I have 3 holidays and about 3 weeks of vacation to take, which will still leave me with the maximum payout of 6 weeks vacation. I have saved leave through the years always thinking you never know when you will need it.
    I am getting more excited each day. For the last 2 days I have been up by 4 am. I have a lot of projects to wind up before I leave but it will all work out.

What about you Kathy, when will you be able to retire? I know you are still pretty young. I will be 59 soon.

I'll be 53 this June, but with David being on disability... and every time I turn around it seems he adds another new medical problem to his existing ones. Let's just say we can't both be retired. I honestly don't see him ever going back to work. Too much heavy lifting ( and by that I mean as little as 30 lbs.) and it aggravates his muscular disorder, too much activity of any kind really aggravates the blood disorder. He manages the diabetes very well, I think it is primarily brought on by the other conditions and his weight. Even after being off Prednisone for many years that weight is a bugger to come off. I swear he eats better than I do and he certainly goes to the gym. Whatcha gonna do?

I'll live vicariously through your retirement, Paula!

Kathy

I watched my mother try to get prednisone weight off, it is near impossible. Prednisone really works against diabetes too. At least he goes to the gym, right now I work and that is it. I hope when I retire I will go to the park first thing most days and walk some. My knees are not good but its flat so it should be good for them. I am counting the days and I just hope it is the right thing to do. I think when it comes down to the last day it will be hard to close the door to walk away. It has been my life for 30 years at one place.

You are much too young to retire anyway although I am sure just as with the rest of us, the daily grind is hard. I hope you will be able to get your mojo back too once your cottage is where you want it.

uhh Kathy that prdnizone is nasty stuff, I mean it's neccesary but the side effects suck.like Paula, I hope your mojo comes back

Hmm, haven't been able to get on for a few days. Was wondering if it was finally over.

Yes, he's been off the prednisone for wow, can it be almost 7 years? When he first got sick, we were all still back on the PCMB and at the time he was on about 80 mg a day, was eating like a maniac and losing weight. Luckily the eating part didn't last that long, sadly when the weight started staying it has stayed long! He got his exercise doing snow here and at my moms place today.

Paula, you have lots of time left to do whatever you'd like to do. It'll just be starting a new chapter and I am sure there are ways you can put all your hard earned knowledge to use. There must be organizations who could benefit and would love to have you as a volunteer.

Kathy

I couldn't get in fior a few days either. it's strange

+ Reply to Thread