+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wow! Cuttlebug Embossing Trick w/Rolling Pin

Wow! Cuttlebug Embossing Trick w/Rolling Pin

Wanted to share this great tip with everyone. I found it on another board. It is amazing and works great.

You do NOT have to have the Cuttlebug machine to use their embossing folders!

You can lightly mist your paper, put it in the embossing folder, tape it shut, and then just roll over the folder with a regular rolling pin.

I was agonizing about spending the money for the Cuttlebug and tried this. It works!

The folders are very reasonable, about $6 at Michaels, and cheaper at some places on line.

I didn't need the diecut feature of the CB, just wanted it for the embossing, so this is great news for me.

I posted some samples in my gallery.
    Annette

(Bugga in OK)

"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." Desiderata

2. I saw this on a blog somewhere too.
    I only paid $40 for my Cuttlebug so it wasnt a huge expense but this is cool to do too.

Thanks for the tip Bugga. I love saving $.
    Heather

We Grow By Our Dreams (my blog)
    Grow Home (my Etsy store where I sell vintage stuff)

4. Thank you! Thank You! Thank you for this tip! I want the cuttlebug so much but don't want the die cuts particularly and just couldn't see putting out that much $$ for the machine! This looks fabulous! Thanks again for the tip! ~ Jennifer
    Jennifer

My blog

I just looked again at my samples I posted. When I made these, I was trying to get Sunday dinner on the table for my dd and 5 grandkids who were arriving in an hour. I think they would look even better if I had taken a little more time with them.

Next time I will put them under a book while they are still damp, so they will dry flatter! I was just so excited and had to try this right away. You know how that is.:grin:
    Annette

(Bugga in OK)

"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." Desiderata

stampinnutof3 Guest View Member Photos
    I don't know if any of you saw this in the thread but if you have the Sizzix machine you can use the cuttlebug embossing templates in there too.

if you have a zippeemates machine they will roll through that too.

but that is a really good tip about the rolling pin part for people who dont have one machine or another...

TFS!
    ~Stacy

My Blog

pwarden Guest View Member Photos
    Thanks for all the info. I've been wanting to use the embossing templates but don't want to buy another machine. I already have the Sizzix so I'm going to try it and if all else fails, I can use my rolling pin for something important. I'm surely not going to use it to cook with!! :-)

lisaguyon Guest View Member Photos
    Thanks for the tip. Can not wait to try it. lisa

For those that are interested, here is a link to a website with great picture tutorials on these techniques. Just look on the left side for "How to".

http://www.allthatscraps.com/
    Annette

(Bugga in OK)

+ Reply to Thread