+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter Techniques

Newsletter Techniques

As your newly appointed Techniques columnist for our Stamp Shack newsletter, I need to know what kind of techniques you would like to see. I don't want to bore you with stuff you already know, so please pm or email me your ideas ASAP. And if I don't know how to do it, I'll find out. I hope you are as excited as I am about our newsletter!

Mary, I don't have a specific one right now, but I would think that since there are all levels of stampers here that mixing it up between basic and more advanced would be good. I have been stamping less than a year, so I'm not familiar with a lot of techniques yet myself.

Judy
    Create like there are no critics.

I agree with Judy too, I have only been stampin since August 06. So anything & everything really. It's always great to see how others do things
    Last edited by Dibby; 02-04-2007 at 11:11 AM.

4. Well, I would like to know how to do the packing tape and glitter stuff. I think Tami/teabear did a card way back on PCMB and it was gorgeous. I'll go look at 2peas to see if I can find it. BRB!
    Last edited by GrammaStamper; 02-03-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Here's a few that come to mind:

stamping with castaway ink pads
    different ways to create background paper for your card fronts (in place of using patterned paper)
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps
    I'm so kind of dingy, Mary, I'd like to know some more H20's and how to work with them? I have some but like my chalks are still safely in the bags.
    Michelle

Great ideas, ladies! Keep them coming. I'm glad you mentioned the different skill levels because I wasn't thinking along those lines. It is nice sometimes to have a refresher or a twist on something to keep it fresh. I'm keeping a list of your suggestions. Thanks much!

Mary, these really are great ideas. We might even want to consider doing a basic use of the different inks out there and what ways to use them. I know sometimes I need a reminder as I'm sure it would be good for the beginning stamper too. Just a thought!
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Question Computer techniques

I'd like to see a "using your computer" techniques section. I see lots of people's cards where they made things e.g typing sentiments in a circle, faux postage etc. we all obviously have access to a computer and this would be something "free" we could try without buying new products. Free is good- I'm not spending in Feb !!!
    Sarah
    Sarah

doverdi Guest View Member Photos
    It would be nice to see the different types of inks and their uses, homemade stamp cleaner recipes (I have about 3 of these but others don't), tips and techniques, basic stamping for beginners, collage (I am so stumped here) vintage cards, etc. Something for every level of stamper.

+ Reply to Thread