Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about someone selling one of your card creations

1. What do you think about someone selling one of your card creations

on ebay??? I was searching ebay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-HANDMADE-ARTI...QQcmdZViewItem

My card is the card with the hand cut egg and chick and the stamped bunny. This was from one of the first swaps I had ever participated in (PC). I swapped this card about three years ago.

I'm not sure what I think about someone else selling my work for a profit.

Kerry

hmmmmm....that's interesting. I recognize the seller from pcmb. I don't see any of mine there, but I didn't check the other listings yet.

I do not think that is appropriate or ok in any way. It would piss me off a bunch.

I want to "ask seller a question" and ask, "Hey did you make these? They are lovely." and see what she says. This listing really gives the impression she made them. I'm pretty offended on your behalf

Ok, she does not take credit, I don't know how I missed it but it does say in bold that they are "Various Artists" I still don't approve though
    Last edited by Erin K; 02-07-2007 at 01:58 PM.

4. Are your cards copyrighted?

Jan

Now that you mention it I know who that is. Man, I'm shocked.

6. WOW!!!! She has a lot of nerve!! I know who that is too..... Interesting, very interesting!!!!
    The Shackretary

7. WOW! Isn't that something! I don't have a card shown but I'm wondering if the skinny legged girl card could be Sherri's? Just curious. Tami is right, I too recognize the seller's name from PCMB. I'm a bit taken aback by it. Don't know whether I think it is right or wrong to do. She does say they are made by various artists, but still........

~Jennifer
    Jennifer

My blog

Quote Originally Posted by logcabincreations View Post
    Are your cards copyrighted?

Jan
    I'm sure it's legal, I just think it's still tacky.

Did you look at all her auctions, she has a bunch of sets.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
    I do not think that is appropriate or ok in any way. It would piss me off a bunch.

I want to "ask seller a question" and ask, "Hey did you make these? They are lovely." and see what she says. This listing really gives the impression she made them. I'm pretty offended on your behalf
    Erin, she does state they are made by various artists. I don't think she is claiming they are made by her at all. Nevertheless, selling someone else's original artwork without telling them first seems not quite right.
    Jennifer

My blog

Closed Thread