23 65.71%
  • Downgrade!

12 34.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some not-so-good news

1. Some not-so-good news

Hiya ladies,

I have been in contact with our web host hoping that we could find a resolution to the problems we have been experiencing with our website in terms resource consumption on their server. Apparently, we are not allowed to have a chatroom as chatrooms tend to cause overload on some servers. With that being said, we have two choices. Either we can scrap the chatroom altogether OR we can downgrade to a chatroom that is allowable by our host. I think there is two different ones that I can choose from.

It's your call, so let me hear your opinions. Should we downgrade or scrap the chatroom?

I voted scrap it, but I only want that if scraping it will give us enough whatever it is we don't have enough of. So it getting rid of chat will solve all our problems then I say let it go.

Would we keep that shouting box? we could sorta chat on that right?

oh nooo!!

I love the chat room!
    All the friendships and sharing that goes on in the chatroom are great! Why we have even dreamed up swaps in there. I for one would be very sad to see it gone.

I haven't spent much time there at all, so I say scrap it.

5. Do whatever you think is best. Chatting is a perk of this site, but I've lived without it for a long time anyway... Will they need to take anything else away???

Kerry

6. I havent voted yet, but what does it mean for the site?
    If by getting rid of the chatroom it will provide for more stability (I havent really had a problem, but I know others have), then I say get rid of it.
    If we downgrade, will that change the speed/connection/stability?
    I always forget about the chatroom, so obviously if it was gone, I wouldnt notice much. But I know there are people that use it a lot and think we need their opinions too

lost luggage Guest View Member Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by cindi View Post
    I love the chat room!
    All the friendships and sharing that goes on in the chatroom are great! Why we have even dreamed up swaps in there. I for one would be very sad to see it gone.
    I concur. Downgrade

You could downgrade. But what is the shout box all about? Could we shout it out as fast in their as the chatroom. I don't get into the chat often, but when I do, it's nice to talk to friends?
    Kim

9. I love the chat room too. What would a "downgrade" entail? Would the chat be slower? Would it keep kicking us out? Will it make the entire site slower? Of course if it's a neccessity to this site that we cut it, then so be it. As much as I love the chat room, I love being able to just log in and see what everyone is up to more.

Mary (haven't voted yet)
    The One And Only
    Mary Rogers

2 Blogs available, PM for an invite

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    Oh no I would be lost without the chat room. I would love to keep it if we could and just downgrade it. My vote is to downgrade!
    Last edited by Christie; 02-08-2007 at 08:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread