+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Temporary download quota has been established

1. Temporary download quota has been established

Hiya ladies,

Since we have been kicking around the idea of implementing a membership fee, a few users have gone into panic mode and have begun downloading between 20 and 50 templates at a time. As you know, we have been having issues with the server and this unneccessary downloading is causing even more strain on the already unstable server.

To eliminate hoarding, I have put a temporary quota on the templates. Until we get moved to the dedicated server, you will be able to download only three templates in a 24 hour period. If you are unable to download the templates, it means that you have reached your quota and you can try again the next day.

If you were one of those users who recently downloaded a large number of templates, your downloading priviledges have been suspended until further notice. Please accept my apologies.
    Last edited by Sherry; 02-18-2007 at 05:58 PM.

2. Oh dear Sherry! As if you don't already have enough to concern yourself with. Keep Smiling!
    Smiles, Pam

My blog: Stamping with {Serendipity!}

"Stamping makes an ordinary day more colorful!"

Hoping

you can feel settled in the near future. WHO dreamed this would be such an awesome site!!!???
    I'm sure everyone will understand!
    Joanie

4. Quote Originally Posted by ccstampin12 View Post
    you can feel settled in the near future. WHO dreamed this would be such an awesome site!!!???
    I'm sure everyone will understand!
    Joanie
    I certainly never imagined that it would become as popular as it did

5. Uh oh, i hope I wasnt showing as one of those...LOL! I wasnt downloading them, but I was looking at them last night while I was at work!
    I love how you have them up in several of the SU colors...thats awesome!!!
    I really need to get more ink for my printer so I can play with these!
    Sorry if I was bringing down the site, wasnt my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanie78 View Post
    Uh oh, i hope I wasnt showing as one of those...LOL! I wasnt downloading them, but I was looking at them last night while I was at work!
    I love how you have them up in several of the SU colors...thats awesome!!!
    I really need to get more ink for my printer so I can play with these!
    Sorry if I was bringing down the site, wasnt my intention!
    I think just looking at them is considered a download. I was looking at some earlier today after Sherry posted this and after I looked at three, it wouldn't let me open anymore.

Judy
    Create like there are no critics.

same here. I just went to look at the new downloads added. After I had looked and then went back to download one I had decided on I was told I had exceeded my download limit. No problem, now I know that is how it works i will try again tomorrow. But maybe you could put a warning to that effect somewhere Sherry? I promise it's not me who downloaded heaps before!
    Sarah
    Sarah

Oh No! I just read this, after downloading two of the templetes. But I was looking at the others. Sorry to screw it up. Kim
    Kim

9. Don't worry guys

I am able to see the name and the number of templates each user downloads and none of you are guilty. I don't mind people downloading a few templates here and there but downloading 30 to 50 templates in one sitting is a little greedy in my opinion. One user downloaded all of the templates and then emailed me and asked me to delete her account!! Grrrr....

Here is a tip: To "look" at the template, click on the magnifying glass and not the actual pdf file. This will allow you to look at the template up close before you download and use up your quota.
    Last edited by Sherry; 02-19-2007 at 07:07 AM.

10. [QUOTE=Sherry;46013]Don't worry guys

I am able to see the number of templates each user downloads and none of you are guilty. I don't mind people downloading a few templates here and there but downloading 30 to 50 templates in one sitting is a little greedy in my opinion. One user downloaded all of the templates and then emailed me and asked me to delete her account!! Grrrr....
    QUOTE]

OMG! Sherry! That is just awful! I think of us as a big family and then someone behaves like that! SHAMEFUL! I'm so sorry to see you being taken advantage of. WHAT? Delete her account after stealing?!?? SHAMEFUL!
    Jennifer

My blog

+ Reply to Thread