+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does this need?

1. What does this need?

I stamped a part of a Terry Medaris stamp on a very small piece of Stampbord and I thought it would look cool in the corner of a card. Well, this is what I came up with, but I'm not happy with it.

What does this need? Embellishment(s)? Change of cardstock color(s)? Centering? Raise up part of the cardstock? HELP!

Thanks. I appreciate your input.
    Attached Images

You are the expert Debbie so I feel stupid even attempting to assist you. I like the off-center image. I also like the southwest cardstock colors. The image should definately be the focal point so I don't think you should do any really big embellishment. The only thing that I can think of is that it might be a little naked on the left hand side. What about a cactus watermark or something really subtle.

I like that it isn't cluttered with a bunch of flashy embellishments and pp. It adds to the peaceful feel of the card.
    Heather

We Grow By Our Dreams (my blog)
    Grow Home (my Etsy store where I sell vintage stuff)

3. Ooooo Debbie. This is fascinating. It is like peeking through a window to the out doors. Love it! But it does feel like it isn't quite finished.

JMO - don't change the layout. I like this down in the corner idea. It pulls your eyes to the surprise. Colors need to be darker because the bright "window" is the focal point.

Hmmmm....thinking.... What about a doodle or small flairs as a watermark in the opposite upper corners? Just a little squiggle either as a watermark or in black or brown or dark to match the cs?

This is wonderful! Love how your mind creates!

Jennifer
    Jennifer

My blog

Debbie, your card and colors are just awesome and my heart is throbbing a little offering my ideas to someone like you who does spectacular work but my first thought when I looked at this card was maybe a little piece of Indian hemp tied in a knot on the left side of the card would help a little. It sure doesn't need much because I really like the simplicity of the card. JMO
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

I'm certainly no artist but I'm wondering if three unobtrusive brads left of the picture would add a bit of something. Just my humble .02 worth.

Wanda

I agree with everyone else. I don't feel right giving you advice because you're work is just so awesome. I love the image and the colors you used. I am also in agreement that it needs just a little something. I think either a watermark on the left (like a cactus, lizard or some other southwestern style image) or some sort of natural fiber and maybe a couple wooden beads on the left would help balance it out without making it too much. I think over all it should stay simple.

Judy
    Create like there are no critics.

Quote Originally Posted by tojoco View Post
    Debbie, your card and colors are just awesome and my heart is throbbing a little offering my ideas to someone like you who does spectacular work but my first thought when I looked at this card was maybe a little piece of Indian hemp tied in a knot on the left side of the card would help a little. It sure doesn't need much because I really like the simplicity of the card. JMO

I feel the same as Joanne.
    I love the colors you used and the layout... some knotted hemp twine might finish it off a bit. LOL... can't believe the expert is asking us for advice! Beautiful image, Debbie!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    I'm certainly no artist but I'm wondering if three unobtrusive brads left of the picture would add a bit of something. Just my humble .02 worth.

Wanda
    I like this idea, just three right along the photo.

It's a very cool card.

What might also be cool is if your had the red layer on foam tape so that the stamp board peice was about level with the red but in a window like it is... I'm sure I'm not explaining that right.

Anyhow Debbie it's fantastic just as it is. You are too clever.

9. Oh, I like the colors and the layout!! Maybe a geometric clip (the different kinds of paper clips) with a coordinating ribbon or fiber in the upper left corner.
    Peggy in IL
    http://prdesigns.blogspot.com
    Creative Greetings

Well, Debbie,

You know how I feel about your work.....AWESOME! So it is with hesitation that I make any suggestions on anything you do.
    I like the suggestions of the others, but I was thinking a small paper frame around the punched opening that picks up one of the brighter colors in the picture...maybe the yellow or green. Just an idea.
    Let us see what you did after all this!
    Joanie

+ Reply to Thread