+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stamping Poll - How long have you been stamping????

1. Stamping Poll - How long have you been stamping????

Just was curious, how long have you been stamping? And how did you get started?

I have been stamping for about 5 years now, swapping for 2 1/2 years. I went to a Creative Memories scrapbooking weekend with my best friend Amy in WI. I told her "why am I going to this thing since i don't scrapbook?" She said just come and read a book. So I went for the weekend, I brought 5 books thinking I would actually read all these books (that's funny in itself since I never read anymore). So anyway, I am not able to read any of my books because i am having too much fun laughing, talking, etc. watching everyone do their scrapbooking. Amy says "Here, try to stamp something". I was like "What is stamping?" and the rest is history. I stamped about 40 gift tags that weekend and there was a SU rep there so I placed my first big order that night.

So I was hooked from day #1 (But I still do not want to scrapbook). ha ha

Sherri
    The Shackretary

2. I've only been stamping since Jan 2006

So, only about 10 months for me. I was a scrapbooker (probably will be again someday), but find 1,00's of photos overwhelming.

When we moved to Thunder Bay, I looked for an SU rep, she was giving a demonstration that very night so I went and placed a huge order. I was desparate for something to do with my days as I didn't know anybody here.

Then, sometime in February, I found the PCMB, right around the time Who Moi passed away. The outpouring of love for that woman from all of those people just amazed me. Just thinking about it I'm tearing up and I didn't even have the priviledge of knowing Lori except through those women (most of whom are here now). So, I joined the PCMB. The rest is history.......

Great poll, Sherri, thanks!

For about 8 years if you

count stamping on wood with foam stamps!! LOL about 4 years on paper.

About 10 years for me. My BF (who is now a SU rep) ask me to go to a SU workshop because she didn't want to go alone. That's how I got hooked.
    Mary

lost luggage Guest View Member Photos
    Consistently for about 2 months now.

6. for me it has been about 2.5 years now

I started just making homemade cards using the Card Connection embellishments or Jolee's but now I don't feel a card is complete without something stamped on it.

Visit my blog here

I started to stamp regularly around June of 2005.

Jane

About 10 years

for me! I have always loved it...but I do not have many stamps...that is changing! My DH got me a stamp on the bay this weekend! It's a Siamese cat! I have only been swapping less than a year! What fun it is!

Just like you Sherri..never like the scrapbooking thing! ha ha ha

~K

I held my first stamp about 3 years ago

when a friend invited me to join in her group that met monthly to swap cards. I have really spent alot more time on stamping in the last year while I have been homeschooling. It gives me a little creative outlet during the day.
    Tami

Richfield, Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis)
    I think it's been 6-7 years for me--I can't even remember, but I know that I have about that many SU! Catalogs! I went to a SU! party, loved making the cards so I had a party--and I've been having 1-2 parties a year ever since then. I'm going to be having my first TAC Workshop soon, so that will be fun!

I discovered the PaperCrafts website in early 2005 and did some swaps. Then I found the MB there too. Have had lots of fun talking and swapping (I've done around 270 swaps!) and I'm looking forward to swapping here too.
    --Lidia

+ Reply to Thread