+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ISO: 80th birthday party game ideas

ISO: 80th birthday party game ideas

Aside from creating a scrapbook for the 80 year old honoree, I was asked if I woul help make the party fun by coming up with some games for the guests to play. Can anyone help me with some ideas? It's suppose to be a small party with maybe 10-15 people. I am also going to create some of Mary's candy matchbook favors. Thanks in advance.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

I'm not much for party games, but I do like door prizes. You could put a mark on one of the party favors and give a prize for whomever finds the mark. How about a passing game of some sort. Kind of like musical chairs, but less physical. You could pass around a ball or some kind of object while music plays and elimate the one with the object in thier hands when the music stops. Old folks like bingo. I've got some paper bingo cards if you want some. My grandma's set also likes card games like blackjack. Ok, that is all I can think of right now.

Mary, thanks for your great suggestions. I like the pass the ball game and I will probably mark one of the party favors only that means I now have to make some kind of prize. LOL
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

How about an easy card game? Everyone gets 5 cards off a deck of cards. Then you call off cards from the second deck and the one that gets all their cards called wins! It's easy an any number of people can play this. We've done it with 120 people (course, then you need more decks of cards).

Another one played is everyone is given alist of things they may or may not have on them. Each item counts as so many points. Ribbon in the hair, 10 pts., 1 pt. for each button on you, etc, etc.

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head.

Life is uncertain ~ eat dessert first!

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides ~ David Viscott

Quote Originally Posted by tojoco View Post
    Mary, thanks for your great suggestions. I like the pass the ball game and I will probably mark one of the party favors only that means I now have to make some kind of prize. LOL
    LOL, Joanne! Of course you have to have prizes! Maybe you dould do something really easy like post-it note covers or a small pack of cards. My grandma lives in an assisted living place, and when they play bingo the prizes are things like toiletries, tissues, toilet paper and candy bars.

Hi Joanne. We celebrated my grampa's 90th a few years ago. Each of us brought him a gift of 90 things that we thought he would enjoy and presented it to him at the party. Also, we were asked to share a favorite story of a memory with grampa. My gosh a lot of fun dirt came out.
    Heather

We Grow By Our Dreams (my blog)
    Grow Home (my Etsy store where I sell vintage stuff)

7. You can do a trivia contest. Ask 10 or so trivia questions - things that happened or people that were famous the year the birthday person was born.

Sounds like a fun celebration.

Teresa
    Teresa

+ Reply to Thread