+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Searching for inkpad

nicolette Guest View Member Photos

Searching for inkpad

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct place, so please forgive me if this is not where I should be posting.

I am looking for a silver ink pad (dye). I have a silver pigment ink pad and no matter what I do, it NEVER dries. (I have let it set for days and used a heat gun on it). Does anyone know of a silver dye inkpad and where I could get it?

Thanks a bunch,
    Nicole

the only ones i have seen in silver are pigment ink. have you tried embossing with clear powder? that may help.

angie

{click above for my craft blog!}

nicolette Guest View Member Photos
    I did try that, but it didn't give me the same effect.

Thanks.

4. Hi Nicole. I have the VersaColor silver ink pad. It says it's pigment & I don't think I've had a problem getting it to dry. I know I have embossed it & it dries then. It won't come off my stamps very easily, that I know!

so-muchlove Guest View Member Photos

Hi Nicolette!!

I have the encore Ultimate Metallic Silver ink pad made by Tsukineko. It is also pigment but it does dry. I have embossed with it as well. It definitely dries if I heat set it. But I'm pretty sure mine dries when I just lay it out for a little bit. I noticed that about the Tsukineko inks... even though they are pigment, they dry pretty well. HTH!!

By the way, my ink gets all over too... in all the cracks of my stamps... I use a baby wipe to try and get it all out.
    Last edited by so-muchlove; 11-06-2006 at 08:43 PM. Reason: add info

+ Reply to Thread