+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else do this or am I the only freak

Does anyone else do this or am I the only freak

So when you stamp an image, especially if it has areas of black have you noticed sometimes the black isn't as solid as you like? I take a marker and fill it all in, then I take a thin pen and go over almost all the lines. I do this on almost everything I stamp. The good thing is that if there is a tiny area that didn't stamp right I can just fix it.

So is it just me? Am I OCD about this?

If you're obsessive compulsive then I guess I am too. I use my millenium pen to close in all the gaps that aren't stamped right.
    Joanne

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.~ Pablo Picasso

Erin,

I have done that some. I've actually seen that tip in print but I can't remember where.

Janet

4. I have been known to fix a stamped image if it is just a small fix. If it involves coloring a section in to make it look right, I usually toss it and re-stamp.

Visit my blog here

in my little hut surrounded by bits of paper & stamps
    I usually keep stamping til I get it all solid, now I need to save energy & cardstock and use something to fill the black spaces in. You are not OCD, just an energy saver.
    Michelle

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    I've done this too. I don't do it on all stamps but I do it on images that didn't come out perfect.

That's a good idea! I can't stand partial black images. I just throw em out and start over. I've found that Brilliance inkpad or Versafine give the best black images depending on the amount of detail.

i don't do that. it would drive me nuts to start doing that!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

9. I too will re-stamp. I'm a perfectionist to some degree but not that perfect

It depends. If a little line or two is all it takes, I'll fix it. If it's a lot, I restamp. I finally found a black cats eye pad -- I want to see if it will help me get a better image on some of the ones that seem impossible to stamp properly!

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread