+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's pool season!

It's pool season!

I just checked an my pool is 78 degrees!

I'm bummed I didn't check before nap time I'd have gone swimming. I'm not brave enough to take both boys in with the just me. They will have to wait until their daddy can go with me.

If it's nice tomorrow I'm gonna spend naptime on my cool pool float (got it at costco of course) and soak up the sun. (Yes, Of course i'll wear sunscreen!)

You have a pool? I'm so jealous. I'd be lounging around when the kids are napping too.
    Kim

Yea, I do. That's why we moved about 1.5 years ago. I HAD to have a pool I cannot stand the heat unless I can jump in a cool pool.

Same here. But I don't know what the temperature is because "Hayward", my automatic pool vac, ate my thermometer last summer.
    Mary

Our pool vac is named Cuda. It's a barracuda one. He doesn't eat much, half of his hose thingies broke last year and he can't get far now. I need to get more.. Turns out you should store those out of the water and flat, not curled in a pile or just leave them in the pool all season. We are learning all the time!

6. Well - it's not pool weather here yet although the last of the ice has melted from the top of the pool cover this week! We won't open our pool until early June - probably after we return from our vacation. I'm jealous that you have pool weather Can you send some my way?!
    Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by Erin K View Post
    Our pool vac is named Cuda. It's a barracuda one. He doesn't eat much, half of his hose thingies broke last year and he can't get far now. I need to get more.. Turns out you should store those out of the water and flat, not curled in a pile or just leave them in the pool all season. We are learning all the time!

We leave ours in all year around. We put the pool cover over him in the "winter" (What is winter in Arizona???) or during dust storms. When we uncover the pool the top 6 inches of water is usually over 100 degrees and the bottom of the pool is like 70 degrees. Makes for an interesting first dive.
    Mary

Our pool vac is Robbie. We named it that after a toy that Rich wanted when he was a little boy...Robbie the Robot. Ours only eats leaves and an occasional critter. Do you guys get mice and snakes?

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    Our pool vac is Robbie. We named it that after a toy that Rich wanted when he was a little boy...Robbie the Robot. Ours only eats leaves and an occasional critter. Do you guys get mice and snakes?

Scorpions. Hayward eats the ones the finally make it to the bottom but we have to scoop out the floaters. Sometimes we find baby lizards, too, and an occasional spider. No mice or snakes so far.
    Mary

I would have a FIT if a scorpion was in my pool.

Lizzards some, mostly leaves. dirt too, I guess it's dirty here.

+ Reply to Thread