+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tombow marker question

tombow marker question

I notice that a lot of people use these markers. Where did you purchase them from? Was it at Michaels, or some other craft store. Right now on Joann.com, they have them on sale for 2.09. Is that a good buy? What colors do you recommend
    shelley

2. I usually buy my Tombow's from JoAnn’s. I get the 10 pack (Bright, Pastel or Earth) and use my 40% off coupon.
    Jovita
    Inky Impressions ~ my blog

3. I own two sets and them some extras. I bought mine at M's with a coupon since the sets are $19.99 each. I bought the classic and the vintage sets. I am finding that I am using them less to color images. I have been using either my pencils or watercolor crayons. I like my markers for coloring directly on a stamp and misting with water for that effect.

Happy shopping,

Visit my blog here

I have Tombow markers, but I got them on clearance ($1.50) each. I've seen inkinupstamps (Jennifer) make remarkable things with her Tombows. Erin K has also made some awesome things with her Tombows. I recommend using the Tombows if you want a watercolored look on your stamped image (you'll need watercolor paper for this). Also, Jennifer's used them to color domino tiles.

Lately, I've been using Prismacolor pencils to color in large areas; but I like having BOTH the pens and pencils available to me.

(And, yes, $2 each is pretty good. They're usually $3 or more each).
    Ethel

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. --Aristotle

Ability is what you are capable of doing.
    Motivation determines what you do.
    Attitude determines how well you do it.

My Blog: The Paperquilter

I got mine through TAC, but I too have seen them at M's. I would probably wait and use a coupon on them!
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :twitcy:[/COLOR]

6. I use Tombow's on at least half of my cards. My LSS and stamp store sells them. They are terrific watercolour markers!!

Technique Junkie Turbo Team Member

My Blog

Odd Bird Planet Design Team

some of the lss around here sell them by the marker, so i have been adding colors to my collection a few here and there that are not already colors i own in the su selection of colors... ( su makes like 60 colors or so counting the old colors and tombos come in 150 colors...)

Yep 2.00 is a GOOD price for them.
    ~Stacy

My Blog

I like Zig Brushables. They are double ended -- but the 2 ends are slight shade differences of the same color. I particularly like the light and lighter gray, pink and tan pens. I went ahead and bought them in 4-packs from http://www.crafterstoybox.com/store/page453.html -- they had great prices and great service. Nancy

You can't change yesterday, but you can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread