+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Well, I had an icky EGD done today!

Well, I had an icky EGD done today!

I had to go have a scope put down my throat this morning. Boy, I was so dang nervous about the whole thing, but once they gave me some morphine & versed I was out of it! I slept through the whole procedure thank goodness! I was in and out within a little over an hour!

I don't have an ulcer, so that's the good news. I do have some sort of "disease" though. The Dr. apparently came & talked to my DH & I but I don't remember a thing. My DH wasn't much better. All I know is that the Dr. ended up doing a Biopsy & I will know more in 5-7 days. I was sent Home with a prescription for steriods that I have to start taking everyday...indefinitely. How weird is that? My Dr. will be out of the Office until next weeek, so I can't even call his Office to follow up on the details.... So, I hope everything is OK.

One side effect that I seem to have from the meds they gave me is the hiccups. I have had them for hours!
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :twitcy:[/COLOR]

Yikes, I hope everything is going to be ok!

3. Were you having symptons of some kind for you to get this test? The waiting is the worst part. Let's hope its nothing serious.
    The Shackretary

julie! i was going to calal you tonight and find out how it went!!

i told you not to worry! versed is the best!!

{click above for my craft blog!}

Oh gosh Julie, what a scary day for you. I am sorry you don't have more info. Please let us know what you find out. Sending lots of hugs to you.

somewhere on the corner of creativity and insanity!
    Well I hope the test all come back ok. As for the hiccups I guess you better go scare yourself! LOL BOO!!

LOL! I actually was referred to the Gastro. Dr. by my Family Dr. because I had been on Prilosec off & on. I got heartburn really bad when I was pregnant. But then I mentioned that I get food stuck in my throat sometimes & I have to get hit on the back or drink something & hope that the food or whatever will eventually go down my throat.

As soon as the Gastro Dr. looked at my Throat he said he wanted to "scope" me. He said he might just have to "stretch my esophagus". Well, he didn't have to do anything today besides the Biopsy.

Apparently I was sent Home with some pictures, (that I just found) & in one of the pics it says my Esophagus is "ringed". The Dr. said something about my having GERD (Gastrointestinal Reflux Disease). I guess he is not sure how severe it is thus the Biopsy. I was looking it up on the Internet, and it appears more often in Men then Women.

I read some other pre-cancerous type stuff, but I am sure if the Dr. was worried about something as severe as that he would have said something to my DH.....
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"] What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] :twitcy:[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread