PDA

View Full Version : What are you up to this weekend? Any special craft plans?

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-14-2006, 01:04 PM
My MIL is taking me to the quilt show tomorrow.

Today, I am going to focus on scrapbooking, making a special card for my great-uncle, who was diagnosed with throat cancer, cleaning out the craft room.... again, and making some Halloween cards (yes, I am a bit behind).

Hugs to all!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Jane

nsbirdy
10-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I spent half the morning searching the grocery stores for Lexia raisins - the fruitcake isn't right without them. It's crazy because I don't even like fruitcake! DH and friends go wild over it. The other half of the morning was spent playing phone tag with DS in BC. Still haven't connected with him but the raisins are soaking in rum. ;)
NOW I'm going to my craft room to make some cards. Wheeeeeee!

lost luggage
10-14-2006, 02:13 PM
The fear of cancer is new to me now. My brother (33 years old) was diagnosed this week (testicular) and has surgery on Monday. It is really eye opening how quickly things can change. I am not sure how I will be if things don't work out for him and my family.

saturday: Dh is in the garage drilling holes for the lady across the street. She makes some sort of decorative tray using picture frames. He has 20 more frames to go...

Once that's over with we're off to Lowe's (their back in my good graces now) to order a big rug. THEN I'm crafting the rest of the afternoon...my 'in my mind masterpiece' is pending..stamped and all..lol I hope to knock out 12 of them today. No chatting until I am finished....welllll.......

lbakerc42
10-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Karate this morning

ACM fall festival--lots of crafts for the kids--really alot of fun--all free (the best kind of festival to go to.

Hubby and son are going out on the boat fishing which includes a sleepover on the boat. Mommy gets to do crafty things all evening and night!!! Hippee!!

lbakerc42
10-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi Just Julie,

I will keep your brother in my prayers. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I can relate to what your brother and family are going through. Best of luck to you all.

lost luggage
10-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Thank you, Linda- likewise. :)

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-14-2006, 03:48 PM
is pretty stong for me too. The women in my family have all had some degree of ovarian cancer and Kevin's family has a history of breast cancer.

I'm keeping your brother in my thoughts, Julie. Sending up prayers for better days ahead.

Jane

lost luggage
10-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks, Jane. My family is a little disfunctional...we're "not supposed to talk about it" according to my brother. I appreciate being able to let it out on here. My mom called me (we live in a different city) whispering like 'deep throat' and dropped hte bomb...then says "I gotta go." sigh....oh well...what are you gonna do, right? I still love them all even though they're crazy ;).

laos348
10-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Today was soccer games and tomorrow we're going pumpkin picking. The weather here this weekend is fantastic fall weather, sunny with just a bite in the air so its perfect time for sweaters.

Keeping those of you dealing with illnesses in my thoughts.

Laura

tojoco
10-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Jane, I just bought a wonderful new stamp entitled "What Cancer Cannot Do" because we just found out that my 24 yo niece has uterine cancer and I wanted to make her a special card. I can stamp a few for you if you are interested. I attached the website so you can read what the stamp says. Just email me and let me know if you'd like a few.

http://www.catholicrubberstamps.com/store/product_detail.cfm?ID=163

Joanne

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks, Jane. My family is a little disfunctional...we're "not supposed to talk about it" according to my brother. I appreciate being able to let it out on here. My mom called me (we live in a different city) whispering like 'deep throat' and dropped hte bomb...then says "I gotta go." sigh....oh well...what are you gonna do, right? I still love them all even though they're crazy ;).

I know dysfunctional! My mother told me about my father's liver transplant surgery after he came out of the surgery. Until then, I had absolutely no idea that he was that sick. Things weren't right between my parents and me for most of the year, but I just thought it was because I had done something to upset them. My mother said that she had a hard time with phone calls and visits throughout the year because she had to lie about everything being ok and trying not to let me know. My own younger brother knew about it. I guess I'm still carrying around some resentment over it. Like you said, *sigh* and oh well... what are you gonna do, right?

hugs,
Jane

shuggy
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
let's see. i put off writing my paper last night so i could chat with everyone. so today i need to get that done (hmmm...i'm still here, however!). hopefully i can finish it today, so i can craft tomorrow. i also have 3 swaps to sort out in the next day or two and get them postal!!

angie

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE=tojoco;617]Jane, I just bought a wonderful new stamp entitled "What Cancer Cannot Do" because we just found out that my 24 yo niece has uterine cancer and I wanted to make her a special card. I can stamp a few for you if you are interested. I attached the website so you can read what the stamp says. Just email me and let me know if you'd like a few.

I would love some stamped images. I tried to email you thru this site, but can't seem to access it. I will send you an email from my personal email account.

BTW, how are you doing? Did you have your surgery?

Jane

pixel8ed
10-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Does painting the bathroom count as crafty? :D After that is done I have an altered comp book to do for a swap and hopefully a couple of thank you cards!

lost luggage
10-14-2006, 07:20 PM
I would count that as a craft. LOL Did you embellish the wall at all? :)

tojoco
10-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Jane, I had my surgery on Thursday afternoon. I am still very very sore and groggy. Plus my throat still hurts from having a tube down in it. Hopefully in a few more days I'll be good as new. As of right now I won't be working for at least a week. Thanks for asking.

Lisa
10-14-2006, 07:58 PM
You , your bother and family are in my thoughts and prayers. My best friend has had breast cancer twice, and has beaten it . I'll be sending you my very best thoughts!
(((((hugs)))))
Lisa K

lost luggage
10-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Thank you very much, Lisa!

and to Joanne...a speedy recovery :)

pixel8ed
10-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I would count that as a craft. LOL Did you embellish the wall at all? :)

Not yet but I plan on it! Soon as I figure out what to put on there. I was thinking some altered letters.

cindi
10-14-2006, 09:14 PM
finish 3 swaps Sunday. I'm looking forward to crafting for a few hours, I've been busy.
:)

benandnatesmom
10-14-2006, 09:21 PM
I am just going to try to get some of my PCMB swaps done and gone!!