PDA

View Full Version : Stamping on acetate and mounting to card

inkinupstamps
05-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Jan (Far North) has really inspired me to play with stamping on acetate, coloring the back with Sharpie and adding stickles or glitter. I'm having a blast with this project but have hit a stumbling block and need help.

How do you mount your acetate to the card front or card stock? In the past I've always used brads but I have one particular image that I don't want any brads on. So, my question is, besides using brads or perhaps machine stitching, how do you mount the acetate to the card? Is there an adhesive that doesn't show through that works well?:eek:

Wondering and wondering..........:worried:

Jennifer

Erin K
05-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Creative Imaginations makes a spray adhesive that I've used, it worked perfectly. I know there are butt tons (does this phrase offend you online mom?) of other companies that make spray adhesive too. :)

JBgreendawn
05-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I usually do this only as windows, so i make a frame for the front of it from cardstock glue it to the cardstock then make a frame for the inside front of the card and again the cardstock frame hides the glue dots...

It will be interesting to see what other people tell you.

I'm guessing that running it through an Xyron glue machine (total glue coverage) would work also.

teabear
05-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Jennifer, I just used acetate on the card I made for my mom. It's in the gallery. I had 2 dimensional flowers that I adhered over the acetate. I hid the tape runner adhesive under the flowers.

Far North
05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Yes Jennifer, in our class we were asked to bring a Tombow Mono Adhesive tape runner. I did so in spite of being tape runner challenged. We used it under any colored area of the acetate including highly transparent colors and I could not see any edges-and it is a fairly strong hold for a very small amount of tape. I do like using the small brad when they fit into the design.
Oh-o I can wait to see what you are doing!...Jan

inkinupstamps
05-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Ladies, thank you so much for your suggestions and recommendations. You've really helped me a lot. Hopefully later this week I'll have something to show. :)

Thanks again!
Jennifer

countrycowgirl
05-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I use glue dots vellum sheets to attach mine!

inkinupstamps
05-15-2007, 03:34 PM

Oh I'm so glad you mentioned these. I have some and will give them a try.

Thanks! :)

Clarissa
05-16-2007, 11:09 AM

I just purchased this and can't wait to try it out!

Deborah
06-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Here's one I did

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6876&ppuser=258

I adhered part of the transparency to the cardstock just behind the wreath, another part wiht the maple leaf brads, and the little piece at the bottom with punched circles folded in half.

Jovi
06-03-2007, 12:22 AM
If you want the entire card front to be an acetate overlay, maybe you could make one side about an inch larger, score it, and then fold it over the back side and then adhere the flap to the back side of the card... never tried it but it seems like it would work! ;)

Here's a card I made a really long time ago using Acetate & Glitter (http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL474/4139021/12459957/183167103.jpg)