PDA

View Full Version : Super Suppers Dream Dinners, etc

edie3
05-15-2007, 09:28 PM
You know, the assemble at the store dinners, then freeze for later at home? Has anyone done this? Is it worth the money? Thanks!

directmailscrapper
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I've done Super Suppers twice -- and we had a terrific experience both times. The first time was in january and we used a gift card we had received for Christmas. My DH, 10-year old DD and I made 6 dishes. They were all good, some of them were fantastic! My DD and I went again recently and made another 6 entrees. We've only eaten 2 of them so far -- one was so-so but the other one was great. It's a lot of fun and at $20 per entre, not a bad deal. Some of the meals fed us for 1 meal, some for 2 or more.

Go for it!

Nancy

jewele803
05-16-2007, 08:36 AM
I went to my Best Friends house for easter and she had gotten super suppers, I think the entire meal was around $80 and it was everything from rolls, several side dishes, ham and dessert. The food was great, she picked it up from the freezer there. She and her husband have also been there to make their own...I really want to do that!

I was thinking about going in soon to pick up some meals for my mom...she recently had knee surgery and I thought those would be great for her and my dad as she is recovering. I know that you can split the meals also and make 2smaller dishes...

I'm glad that you posted this message, it reminded me to make an appt so that I can take the food to my parents this weekend!

Clarissa
05-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm gald you posted this... I checked out locations and there's one about 1 1/2 hours away- I could bring a cooler, plus I think it would be fun to do with my guy ;)

Christie
05-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I've never heard of this so I guess we don't have them down here in Texas.

teabear
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I have friends who do Dream Dinners on a regular basis. They say it's definitely worth it if you go out for fast food or eat pizza alot, or if you don't have time or inclination to cook. Less expensive and so much healthier. One of those friends brought over a dream dinner, still frozen for us to have after my surgery. It was yummy and fast to prepare, just warm up and cook the noodles and it was dinner.

jewele803
05-17-2007, 10:16 AM
I went to super suppers last night and made 5 different meals. We split them in half and I'm taking the duplicates to my parents, b/c my mom is recovering from knee surgery, it's something they can do really quick. I had SO much fun there...my husband went too and it was an enjoyable experience. I will let you know what we think of the food as we try it out:) We agreed it was surely more fun than grocery shopping!

cecescraps
05-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I've done Simply Homemade many times and about 99 % of the time everyone loves the meals. It's easy, fast and sooo much better than grocery shopping. Plus, you don't have to stress about meal planning and "What's for dinner?" every night. I think the prices are very reasonable too.

Cathi

mom_on_line
05-17-2007, 12:30 PM
There's one near me and I've been meaning to try it out. Since we are always on the run, it would certainly be a good alternative to pizza! (which I love too much, anyway). I've heard alot of good things about it.