PDA

View Full Version : MME: Wild Asparagus and Kaleidoscope

inkinupstamps
11-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Ladies,

I have a question for all of you and in particular for the Canadian contingency among us, but not exclusively.

Do you like Wild Aspargus and Kaleidoscope paper (from My Mind's Eye- MME)?

I love it! Love it, love it, love it. But...(and this is my...uh THE big but!) why can't I get it here in the Ottawa area very easily? I just don't understand. Isn't this popular in the States? How about in the UK? I know Lisa (Kulakid) loves it. So why don't the Ontarians...at least the Ottawa folks, not like it.

I'm really frustrated because I had an "assignment" where I needed MME3 series papers and I ran all over the bleak and cold Ottawa area searching every scrapbook store for it.

Do you like it? This is sort of a poll. I want to hear your thoughts about it. One reason I like it is because it is two sided. That is like getting two papers for one and you know they'll coordinate.

What do y'all think? I really want to know if you like it or not.

bubblegum girl
11-10-2006, 04:43 PM
i love wild asparigus!!! maybe addicted has it then we car write revies and u could buy it!!!

Caboverde1
11-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Last year at CHA...I picked up a whole rack full of the MME wild asparagas paper with all the matching embellishments. And a box of monograms...was there anything in particular you were in need of?? Let me know...im actually on vacation but will be home sunday. So let me know and I will send you some, if I have what your looking for!

Tonii

GrammaStamper
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Jennifer, I just checked with my LSS and they don't sell it either. However, we have a garden centre that has a scrapbook component and I know I've bought Wild Asparagus there. I'm going to check for you next time I go there.

inkinupstamps
11-10-2006, 04:56 PM
I appreciate you fast feedback. Here's the deal. My LSS used to carry Wild Asparagus and Kaliedoscope but about a year ago the sales person told me that people in this area didn't care for it and they were no longer going to stock it.

OK, I thought. There are other LSS. But in checking them out, in this area they just aren't carrying it.

I found one store on the west side of town that had a very few sheets of it so I snarfed up what they had.

I was just wondering about this though, because I think it is wonderful! I don't use tons of patterned paper on my cards, but these have always been a couple of my favourites. So I was wondering if I was just weird (DON'T ANSWER!!!) or if others liked it too.

iloveflipflops
11-10-2006, 04:59 PM
but its hard to find by me... I did find 1 scrapbook store (we only have 2 in town) and they have it.

Never heard of the other brand ... Am i missing much? lol

kulakid
11-10-2006, 07:00 PM
I, too, LOVE it!!! But guess what? Although both LSS here still are carrying it, apparently the lines changed at the past show, so some papers are no longer available...I dunno, that's what I got out of what the one woman told me...doesn't THAT seem strange? Are some papers discuontinued? ( call me naive if this is common and I don't know about it!) And of course, I needed ONE piece of one of the PP that is no longer made!

Time to find a new favourite??? :confused:

dgbearsmom
11-10-2006, 07:02 PM
I love Wild Asparagus and Kaleidoscope, but my current favorite is called Bohemia. I think I use the MME papers more than any other. They have some cool embillie too.

Judy

GrammaStamper
11-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Judy, I love the Bohemia too, thanks to you, Scavenger Hunt partner. I have been hoarding those sheets and using them very sparingly. I'm going to keep looking for it though. I'm now a 'woman on a mission'.

Jennifer, if I find some, I'll cut it into 6 x 6 sheets and mail it to you! And to answer your question, you are not weird, just quirky!! LOL!

suzi_f
11-10-2006, 07:45 PM
LOVE WA & Bohemia! Luckily, my LSS carries both. She doesn't have a whole lot of Kaleidoscope. I'm not overly thrilled w/Kaleidoscope, just not my style.