PDA

View Full Version : Close Call!

ellie
05-23-2007, 12:28 PM
I was lighting a candle on my stamping table and the head of the match broke off and landed on my shirt! It started burning so I jumped up and flicked it off. Then I could see smoke but couldn't find it. It had landed on the windowsill and the smoke was just because the flame had gone out. YIKES! I have a hole in my shirt now...looks like a cigarette burn...it was one of my favorites too...I am just thankful that that's all that got burned. :shocked: :swoon:

inkinupstamps
05-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Ellie! Whew! Close call for sure! YIKES!

I did the very same thing except that I had a terry cloth robe on and the little fuzzies on the robe ignited immediately and kept spreading. I pounded it out but was scared to death. The really scary part was that I wasn't dressed at all under the robe and so here is the naked fat lady, butt naked jumping and stomping on her bathrobe. Lesson learned...no more lighting candles in that robe! (really scary mental image, eh?)

I'm so glad you got it out quickly!

teabear
05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
OMG Ellie...fire is my biggest fear. I think I would have wet my pants for sure. Our house burned down around us when I was 3 and I have an irrational fear of fire...makes me hot & sweaty and kind of sick to think about it. I can barely light a match. So glad you are ok...and Jennifer...thanks for the laugh! That helped.

GrammaStamper
05-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Ellie, close call! Glad all is okay now, except for your shirt, of course.

Jennifer, what can I say. Been there, done that, got new robe!

dreis1
05-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Ellie, so glad that you are ok, and the hole in the shirt is the only damage. Glinda

iloveflipflops
05-23-2007, 01:19 PM
OMG - how scary! Thank goodness you are ok.... Be careful!!

ccstampin12
05-23-2007, 02:20 PM
SOOOO glad all is well......happy ending! (except for the shirt...)
WHEW!
Joanie

Christie
05-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Good thing you were quick on your feet! You need to get one of those lighter things to keep in your craft room. No more matches. I hate matches, they smell and they are dangerous. I'm glad all is ok!

tojoco
05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Ellie, so glad that you are alright. The shirt can be replaced but we can never replace you. Throw all those matches away!

ellie
05-23-2007, 05:06 PM
You guys are so sweet....and Jennifer, I know it isn't funny but I got a visual on your post and it made me laugh! I am using on of those butane thingies now!!!

MyRnAbS
05-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Ellie,
OMG!! That is horrible! I'm glad that you are fine! I too am a lover of candles, but I've found an awesome candle out there!! It requires no fire! It's from scentry candles. This is the website http://www.scentsy.com/jenh all it uses is a lightbulb, and it is magnificent. It really smells a long way! I love them, and my little dd put her finger in it last night, and the water was not hot!! I love it!! HTH!

ellie
05-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Thank you so much...I will check it out.

MyRnAbS
05-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Ellie,
You are very welcome!! I love candles that smell nice, but lately I was noticing that my ceilings and walls were getting smokey. I looked for other options, but found no smell that lasted or that was strong enough. I am sure glad that I found scentry, and they have awesome warmers, too cute. I painfully gave away all of my huge and expensive candles!! I left a few, you know for those days when the lights go out :wacko: I just won't be using the rest of them, and girl I had a lot! I am not the type to buy just a few, ask Mary Jayne, we are the same :nod: Anyhoo, I just placed another order last night, and I'm so excited to get that new scent. You can email jen, she's super cool and she sends out free samples!! How cool is that? Trust me you won't regret it!! I'm as serious with this as I am about my ATG guns!!! Thank you, post over!