PDA

View Full Version : We are dealing with docs & surgeons again

teabear
05-29-2007, 10:22 AM
This is truly getting old. Hubby started seeing flashes of light in his periperal vision over the weekend. I took him to urgent care on Sunday and they had him follow up with the head of opthamology yesterday who came in on a holiday to see him. Today we are going to see an eye surgeon. They think the retina is detaching, but we will know more today. It's really not a huge deal to fix as far as I can tell, and its good we are taking care of it. I'm just so tired of medical stuff.

emmcee
05-29-2007, 10:31 AM
That's what it sounds like to me Tami. My optometrist told me on my last visit that my retina was getting thin and when and if I saw flashes of light to get to an opthmalogist that my retina had detached. My mom had that happen about 30 years ago, the dr fixed it and she's as good as new. I can imagine the advancements on the eyes in 30 years. :nod: Hopefully, things will be all right soon for you & DH.:nod:

hutchink
05-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Tami-

I was say some prayers for your DH! Hopefully they can fix it up as good as new!

Sending you a big hug and happy positive thoughts!

~K

ccstampin12
05-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Too bad, but hoping this will be easily fixed, and he'll be good as new in a short time!
HUGS
Joanie

hbpuppy
05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I've never heard of that before. I'm glad that you went to the doctor right away. Hopefully they can fix it up really soon.

gigibee
05-29-2007, 11:10 AM
So glad that you reacted so quickly and that dh eye will be good as new. Sending prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

Konnie

MyRnAbS
05-29-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm so sorry that you're so frustrated. I'm sending prayers your way. I hope all gets better. Sending you a huge cyber {{{HUG}}}

inkinupstamps
05-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh Tami! Bless you and your dear family's hearts! You've had so much to deal with. Let us know how your husband is. That is scarey to experience such a thing.

Hugs,
Jennifer

iloveflipflops
05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Let us know how the dr appt goes today. Its a good thing you are taking him in. Hopefully they will catch it early.

GrammaStamper
05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh, Tami! I wish I could wave a magic wand and have these medical issues disappear. Keep your chin up and here's some good thoughts heading your way.

teabear
05-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks everyone. We go in at 1:00 today. I'm sorry to be so mopey, but I really don't want to go anywhere near a hospital right now. Thanks for the support and understanding. Hugs.

Far North
05-29-2007, 01:23 PM
OH Tami! I am so sorry you are going through another situation!!! I hope that indeed this one can quickly be diagnosed and repaired. Hugs to you!...and good thoughts and prayers for all...Jan

Patty
05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
So sorry to hear you have yet another medical issue--thoughts and prayers going your way--hugs, Patty

cindi
05-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Sorry Tami that you & hubby are goping through this.
I'll say a prayer for fast attention & easy recovery.
:)

Clarissa
05-29-2007, 03:20 PM
I pray everything turns out well and they can correct his problem with little fuss. Sending good wishes your way!!

JBgreendawn
05-29-2007, 04:15 PM
its like one of those things when it rains it pours yes?
{{[ HUGS ]}}
Hopefull this will be something he recovers from quickly and with little pain.