PDA

View Full Version : doggie decisions...

shuggy
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
so we are going to go looking tomorrow for a new dog. hopefully we can agree on one. kerry has been vetoing every one i've found online. maybe in person he will bond to one. i'm not picky, just one over the puppy phase and housetrained.

Jovi
06-01-2007, 03:24 PM
When we bought our puppy from the breeder he was already 3 months old and was super easy to potty train and we haven't had any problems with him at all (Jake is now 18 months).

I'm like you, I would love to get another dog... I'm only worried that the next one wouldn't be as easy to train as Jake. I m thinking of an older dog, at least out of puppy stage.

Just think... maybe tomorrow you'll have pictures to show us of your new family addition. :)

JBgreendawn
06-01-2007, 03:26 PM
well,
Hopefully he falls in love with one that will you know work well in your yard and home. the puppy things goes by really quick actually...sometimes its nice to get them young so you don't have the fears or things to work through that they could have picked up from bad owners... ( you know like ones that abuse the animal and make them afraid of every little thing )

ellie
06-01-2007, 03:27 PM
oooh, I wish I could go. I love puppies! Please let us know who you adopt and post a picture!

Christie
06-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I think you should get a Boston Terrier!! Just how cute mine is!!! ;)

shuggy
06-01-2007, 03:45 PM
one word of note here...i'm a big dog girl. i'm not a fan of little dogs. not saying that they aren't cute, as your picutre of your dog makes me giggle, christie!! we have two little dogs that live next door. i'm not sure what they are, but they are cute. they are named cinnamon and sugar. they are always sneaking through the fence to come visit!!

inkinupstamps
06-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Where are you going to look for dogs? Your local humane society or animal rescue center is sure to have the dog that will warm your heart as well as Kerry's. So many wonderful dogs wanting and needing a good home to be raised in. I'll be thinking of you and eager to hear what the two of you decide on.

Jennifer

teabear
06-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Sounds like a great time to me. We have always had big dogs..usually some kind of pointer that likes to hike and go mountain biking with us. When hubby took little Mabel to the vet today, the vet said "so, you're trading down, huh". Isn't that funny! Whatever you get, just be sure to check up on that particular breed so you know if it fits your lifestyle. If you want one that is potty trained, get one that is at least 4 months old. happy dog shopping!

shuggy
06-01-2007, 03:58 PM
we are going to go to the humane society, then maybe the petsmart adoption places. too many pets are out there to adopt, so i want to try and do that and save a dog from badness.

hbpuppy
06-01-2007, 05:15 PM
I have a boy chocolate lab. Guys love him. Ladies love him. He doesn't get angry, ever. He's a good watch dog and a good deterent but I know the truth, he would probably just lick and sniff a bad guy. I could go on and on about him. He's quite a personality.

tesschap
06-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I have a boy chocolate lab. Guys love him. Ladies love him. He doesn't get angry, ever. He's a good watch dog and a good deterent but I know the truth, he would probably just lick and sniff a bad guy. I could go on and on about him. He's quite a personality.

I agree! Our Bentley is a 2 year old chocolate lab and is the best pet we've ever owned. (We've had labs and beagles throughout our married life). Bentley was the easiest for us to potty train. We got him on Christmas Eve - he was one day shy of being 5 weeks old. We crate trained him and he never ever has had a mishap in the house. He is the most lovable pet and would definately sniff and lick the bad guy too!

Good luck.