PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Florida next month!

Vintagegal
06-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Yippee! My brother is about to be engaged but he wants my family to meet his girlfriend first before he pops the question. Not that we would disapprove (unless she's got a psychotic look about her). If she rocks his world, then who am I to stand in the way?

But, we're looking at going on the weekend after 4th of July. We'll go to one of the Walt Disney World Resorts (probably the Armed Forces Resort) and stay there on Saturday and Sunday, and come back to Tampa on Monday. Then, we'll fly back to Omaha on Tuesday. I can't wait! I was DS age the last time I'd been to Epcot and WD World. This will be DH and DS' first time to see both parks.

Of course (shamelessly admitting this), I will want to find out if there are any stamp stores near the resort. :nod: I hope the hurricanes/tropical storms stay away while we're visiting. That would just ruin it for DS.

iloveflipflops
06-03-2007, 12:06 PM
In my experience, July is usually a hurricane-free month so I think you did good to plan it then :). Not that i am any expert or anything, just lived there for 35 years. LOL

teabear
06-03-2007, 12:25 PM
That sounds like a wonderful trip, Ethel. We are so spoiled living this close to Disneyland. Your son will love it. Be sure to check into all the shows in the parks. Those are among our favorites. Here, at CA Adventure they have a theater with broadway type shows. We really enjoy those. You can go online now and see the schedule of events and even the parade times for the days you will be there. Have a great time!

tojoco
06-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Well Ethel that's the week that we will be there. The FL girls are planning a meet-up. Of course, I'll be in Daytona Beach but that's supposedly like an hour away from DisneyWorld. Maybe we could all meet somewhere in the middle. Also, Sentiments Pat has her shop somewhere near Orlando; I think it's in Longwood that you might want to check out. Although I'm hoping that Pat will join our meet-up.

We arrive on Sat., July 7th and will leave Sat., July 14th. LMK

Vintagegal
06-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Joanne....I'll email you!!! ;)

mahodgman
06-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey Ethel, you gotta got to SentimentsPat's store called Sentiments. I didn't get to go to the store when I was there last year, but I did get to meet Pat, and she is awsome! She came to my hotel, and we had drinks and a nice long chat at the outside restaurant thing.

iloveflipflops
06-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I have never met Pat in person but I have been to her store and its the cutest stamp store. Quite the variety of stamps. In fact, I may have met her but didn't know it was her when i did. LOL That's before the Stamp Shack and before my PCMB days.

ctinyjoy
06-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey there ladies... Not to burst your bubble but Sentiments had to close their doors a few months back. Pat is now teaching about once a month at my LSS here in Daytona. If Pat can meet us on Thursday she would like to.

I think the closest LSS to WDW is in Casselberry, probably 35-40 minutes away called Impressions from the heart. I have never been there myself yet, but at the end of June is the central florida shop hop. 14 stores in 14 days..I am saving my pennies up for this.

tojoco
06-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh my, thanks for the heads up Cheri. Can you think of a good restaurant that Ethel and I can meet at for lunch somewhere between Orlando and Daytona Beach. Say right off of I-4. I don't want it to be too complicated as I may have to drive myself.

ctinyjoy
06-03-2007, 10:00 PM
If you get off at the Altamonte Springs exit (rt 436) sorry I don't know the exit number...there are bunches of restaurants. Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Red Lobster, TGIF, Chili's, Steak N Shake. As soon as you get off the exit they are all there, just pick a direction and drive. This would probably be the half way point between WDW and Daytona Beach.

tojoco
06-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info, Cheri. I'm assuming this is off I-4, correct? Can't wait to meet up with you.

ctinyjoy
06-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes rt 436 is directly off of I-4. very easy to get to from either direction (Daytona or WDW). You can even see some of the restaurants from the highway. Altamonte is a suburb of Orlando and not nearly as busy. Don't get me wrong, you will encounter traffic. Depending on the day you go, if you need a map reader let me know :)

MyRnAbS
06-03-2007, 10:59 PM
OMG!! How fun is that??!! Have a great time!!! BTW, I think you're going to be an extraordinary sister in law!!! I just love your way of thinking. It's not everyday you hear people saying what you did. "If she rocks his world, who am I to stand in their way!" WOW!!! I commend you for being who you are!!! NEVER CHANGE!

mahodgman
06-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh no! That IS sad that Sentiments is closed, I had no idea.

tesschap
06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
What a great trip you have planned Ethel! How exciting.