PDA

View Full Version : Hamster Update

Swanie78
06-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Since we seem to have several rodent lovers here I thought I would update ;)
First of all, her name....
I went with Barb's suggestion of Jezebel. It was/is just WAY too fitting not to! :biglaugh: I call her Jezzie for short, or lil' rat....lol
She's still feisty. I cant pick her up yet, but shes totally find with my hand being in the cage, and in most cases, with me petting her. If I wake her up to pet her, or startle her, she's a little snot, but Im pretty sure I would be too.
She doesnt like her ball, I think its because its too small. I need to buy the next size up. This morning I was cleaning out her cage so I put her in it and set her on my bed (on a towel) and ran the vacuum. She FLIPPED out! She peed in the ball (she does this every time shes in it though) and looked like a mime in a box trying to get out. Luckily the vacuum was just the last step and I moved her to her cage and she was fine.
Shes so funny when I clean the cage. She immediately goes to all her food hiding spots and starts investigating whats missing (everything). Then she goes back up to her food dish and gathers more food, brings it down and starts redistributing it. I dont think shes actually eating 1/4 of the food she hides, but I guess thats the life of a rodent ;)
Here's a cute pic of her that I took while she was restocking...lol
Ill attach others if you want to see them. The process of filling up her pouches, then she turned and looked at me, then she turned to head back down the tube to the ground floor. The last picture didnt come out well because its focused on the cage instead of her, but if you look to the right of the blue door, you can see her little butt as she goes down the tube. Her little pink tail sticking up in the air....lol
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/wadesgirl/IMG_1129copy.jpg

cindi
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM
She's very cute!!!
Your pics are great & I loved reading your update.
Keep them coming!
:)

ctmhgirl
06-04-2007, 10:05 PM
She is so cute. I think I will stick with dogs though. :)

hutchink
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
She is very cute! Love the name too! We had a hamster right now too..he is Sandy Cheeks- Sam thinks she is a girl...lol! He is mean is the day is long! I wish we would have gotten a RAT they like to be handled more than hamsters!

Good Luck with her!

~K

ellie
06-05-2007, 12:36 AM
She is very cute and I love her name. Thank you for the update!

RDRD4
06-05-2007, 01:05 AM
She is beautiful...love colors

Tantalize
06-05-2007, 02:28 AM
She *LOOKS* cute..... could be deceiving.... LOL!!!

Nadine
06-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing the update!

Erin K
06-05-2007, 08:33 AM
She is super cute! I love her.

LinzyD
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
She's darling! Cute photos! You should scrapbook them!
Linzy

shuggy
06-05-2007, 04:39 PM
how cute!!