PDA

View Full Version : tooth fairy question

jazzypurple853
06-11-2007, 08:25 AM
My DD is tooth is really loose, and the tooth fairy will be visiting. Any suggestions as to how much? Or any other special things that the tooth fairy does?:cute:

Sherry
06-11-2007, 08:40 AM
We usually just give a toonie ($2 coin) and sprinkle a bit of glitter under the pillow and on the floor beside the bed to make it look like the tooth fairy was standing there beside the bed.

Have fun! This is an exciting time for your daughter :)

loobylou
06-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh we have a tooth fairy that sprinkles glitter too. It makes it very magical. Ours is usually $2, but when the dentist pulled a tooth out that grew wrong the tooth fairy left $5 to cover the extra pain factor..lol
we have a lovely little book about the tooth fairy that we read when a tooth falls out. My youngest ds is 10, and still happy to read the book, and even sometimes leaves notes for the tooth fairy. He has a special velvet toothfairy bag that the tooth must be left in under his pillow.
Sarah

laos348
06-11-2007, 09:45 AM
We made a little nugget box for the tooth fairy exchange. We give Meg 10 dimes because she likes to share half of them with her brother (now, whether or not he'll share with her when the time comes.......that's anybodys guess!!)

Laura

lisaguyon
06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
We gave $5 for the first test and then $1-$2 for the rest. Lisa

prdesigns
06-11-2007, 10:29 AM
We also gave $5 for the first tooth, then gold $1 coins for the rest. Unfortunately, DD (almost 12) stopped believing and actually threw her teeth away!!!! DS (almost 14) still gets the gold coins 'cuz he'll believe in anything to get a buck!!

3darlings
06-11-2007, 10:33 AM
We leave $5.00 for the first tooth. We write the fairy a note and ask that she leave the tooth, because mommy wants to scrapbook it! It is fun!!

Christie
06-11-2007, 11:02 AM
I do't have any kids but from what I hear from my aunt you must leave glitter!!! It's her fairy dust!

iloveflipflops
06-11-2007, 11:13 AM
We used to leave $2 for each tooth. $5 for the first tooth. $5 if it was pulled for some reason. Same as Sarah I think :)

ellie
06-11-2007, 01:25 PM
We always left a dollar. But that was 20 years ago so I guess even the tooth fairy has to deal with inflation!!!

teabear
06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
We got the Sacajawea gold $1 coins for the tooth fairy. Son believed until he lost a tooth at camp and the tooth fairy didn't come through :(

MyRnAbS
06-11-2007, 09:07 PM
We give 5 dollars per tooth. The little one already is telling me that another one is coming off. Both my dd's have tons of money saved up. I couldn't believe it when I saw their amounts. I'm so proud of them. They actually buy me stuff for my b-day and mother's day.

midnitecreations
06-11-2007, 09:49 PM
We're doing $5 for each of them. This is my youngest and last, so figured what the heck. It's not a precedence! We do have a special tooth box. If the tooth's not put in the box, the tooth fairy doesn't come. (Figured it was easier than trying to get the tooth out from under his bed). We also told him that the toothfairy checks it off in her book and leaves the teeth for mommies, because she's got too many already.

irishchristine
06-11-2007, 09:51 PM
We did the fiver for the first tooth and then one dollar for the rest. But a nice pack of sugarfree gum is a good idea!