PDA

View Full Version : Fun inspiration activity

GSMom385
06-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Ok wasnt' sure where to post this but wanted to share my day. Some of you know I am a trainer and teach technical classes for a living. Well doin my thing today for a very large group. This happens to be a class I could train in my sleep and after doing the same dog and pony show 150 times it sort of looses its punch for me. Now before you start saying shame on you my participants would never know I am bored from my presentation, but my brain is very disengaged when I know the material so well. I don't have to think about what comes next, etc. it is just so automatic. So to keep myself entertained so I didn't go stir crazy, I started noticing shapes and their arrangements in the room. On the walls, in the carpet, on people's clothing, the window blinds, the food on the plates at lunch, etc. Since we tag team train, when my partner was on stage I sketched the shapes into card layouts in my notebook. As many as I could come up with using the shapes in the room and objects around me. I ended the day totally jazzed to get back to my hotel room and start making the cards I had come up with from class. I ended up with 4 pages worth of sketched layouts. So I mentally created my own card challenge, using common everyday objects/shapes and patterns. Now I am sort of excited to see what the carpeting, lights, wall paper etc. looks like at my big gig next week. I have 8 more weeks of this same class, 16 more times and counting.

hbpuppy
06-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Wow Cindy. Sounds like you got creative today.

Christie
06-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Wow that is very creative of you! I bet this sure makes your day a little less boring! I can't wait to see the cards you make using your sketches!

mahodgman
06-14-2007, 07:53 AM
I hope you will share your cards with us!

ellie
06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
That is very cool. I would never think to look at stuff like that. I hope you post some of your cards so we can see what you come up with.