PDA

View Full Version : The most annoying feeling in the world

Swanie78
06-14-2007, 01:45 PM
A numb mouth from the dentist! LOL
My dentist's been hounding me for almost 2 years to get the lead fillings out of my mouth and change to the white (composite?) ones. My way of thinking...."if it aint broke, dont fix it". I finally succumbed to the pressure ;) and had an appointment today. He kept telling me they were loose, even though I didnt have any problems.
He replaced 2 on the left side, and one on the right which means that 3/4 of my mouth is entirely numb :eek:
See the crooked smile at the head of this post? Thats what I feel like!
I cant even tell when my tongue is between my teeth...LOL! He had to help me close my mouth when he asked because I couldnt feel a darn thing! Im even numb in my nostrils :worried:

Erin K
06-14-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm sure it's awful.

My good friend's 3 year old just had to have a filling and he came home numb and was so freaked out, it scared him a bunch. He also bit the heck out of the inside of his mouth and his tounge and all. I felt terrible to hear it. Poor guy. :(

I hope you get feeling better real soon.

cindi
06-14-2007, 02:21 PM
you can't even tell if your drooling or not!!!!
At least you have pretty white fillings now!
:)

GrammaStamper
06-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Kelly, I hope it goes away soon. It is a terrible feeling.

I'm sure it's awful.

My good friend's 3 year old just had to have a filling and he came home numb and was so freaked out, it scared him a bunch. He also bit the heck out of the inside of his mouth and his tounge and all. I felt terrible to hear it. Poor guy. :(

I hope you get feeling better real soon.

Erin, there's one little guy who will have a hard time going to the dentist again. It's too bad they had to put in a filling on a tooth that's not permanent. It's just too traumatic at 3 yrs old. At least, I think so.

workin4stamps
06-14-2007, 02:25 PM
That's why I prefer to get my fillings without any numbing stuff at all! My dentist thinks I'm crazy, but it's the only way to go for me. I'd rather suffer for a few minutes than be numb and feel crappy for hours.

:-)
Traci

Swanie78
06-14-2007, 02:28 PM
That's why I prefer to get my fillings without any numbing stuff at all! My dentist thinks I'm crazy, but it's the only way to go for me. I'd rather suffer for a few minutes than be numb and feel crappy for hours.

:-)
Traci

I started to think about that after he started numbing me up. I was going to ask, but by the time he finished I could barely mumble 3 audible words...lol Next time, Im totally skipping the numbing!

ChristyR
06-14-2007, 02:30 PM
kelly i am the same way i have several of the old silver fillings that i need to get replaced as well. :( i am not looking forward to that either. i hate the numbing medicine but i can't handle pain in my mouth so i must have it. i can have 2 kiddos without epidurals but there is just something about pain in my mouth that i just can't handle. :) hope you are back to your normal feeling again soon :)

Nadine
06-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I've replaced all my old fillings now and like the white ones much better. I hear you on the numbing though. I actually have a permanently numb lower right lip since my wisdom tooth removal 2 years ago. They were so impacted that there was nerve damage while removing them. Blah.

lisaguyon
06-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I hate the dentist all together and I have to have the numbing meds and the gas or I freak out. Can not imagine no numbing....OUCH.

ctinyjoy
06-14-2007, 04:26 PM
I brought our youngest DS today to the dentist for 3 (tiny gum line) fillings all in his front teeth. When they gave him the shots he was not a happy camper since they go into your nose and sinus cavities. The entire middle of his face is numb and his nose is running but he can't feel it. His upper lip is soooo swollen you think he got stung by bees! This was at noon and I just called home to ask how he was, by the way he spoke I know he is still numb. His one concern was that he would have silver dots on his teeth. I gave him a mirror to show him that his teeth are white and you can't see the fillings.

We also had a long lecture about brushing and flossing better:mad: