PDA

View Full Version : Triathlon cute story

GSMom385
06-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Ok now I know you read that post thinking did she race in one......well the answer is no, are you kidding me, this body. This body is lucky it can get out of bed everyday, I really need to exercise more. My company put on a world cup triathlon this weekend, I worked 5am-7pm two days straight helping direct and place other volunteers in jobs, in the heat and the sun. I gotta tell you it was the biggest rush ever. I had so much fun. The race itself was just amazing to watch, what I saw of it anyway. I sneaked a few peaks when I was on a bathroom breaks from my post. But the best part of the whole weekend was the little kids. They did a mini kids tri to kick off the weekend, they were so cute. I had one little guy came up to me serious as all get out and asked if the fishes would bite him when he was in the water. His mother was looking at me over his head with these pleading eyes like tell him there aren't any fishes in there. Without skipping a beat I said no champ we fed the fishes yesterday and they aren't hungry today, they should leave you alone. His mother smiled and he was happy. I heard him later telling one of the other small children what I said to reassure them also. It was just priceless. So keep your eyes out for us on NBC sometime in the next couple of weeks, I guess they are going to broadcast it then to the world.

teabear
06-19-2007, 01:08 AM
That sounds like a wonderful event. DS has done some kid bike races at his dad's events. They are such a joy to watch.