PDA

View Full Version : My turn to share...

Darleneh710
06-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't come on here all that much, but am trying to change that. I just wanted to say that the week before last week I was in a very sad and depressed state. Normally I am not like that but I have a lot going on and none of it is good. I have been out of work for almost a yr. I was layed off from my job, that I had almost a yr, around this time last year. And though I have had a temp job here and there it is really hard to find a job and nothing is really out there. Well, I was really down that friday night (a week ago yesterday) and it was awful. But, then it started turning around. I watch national bingo night and ended up winning one of the games...I only one a small gift, but it got me on the positive side a little bit. Then that following Monday I was signed up for a seminar at the Career Center not to far from me and I met a wonderful person. Turns out she lives less than 10 min from and we have so much in common. Somehow that day I was so positive and confident and I ended up telling her about a job that I had gone for an interview, but didnt have the right experience...Well, she called the company and got an interview and just found out the other day that she got the job! She was so happy and kept thanking me for telling her about it. After helping her out and realizing that I made her happy...it just made me 10 times more happy and positive. This past week has been a wonderful, inspirational week for me. I am normally a shy person and very insecure, but after talking with several people this week...I kind of opened up...all of them told me that I sound so confident and positive and hearing that just made me feel even more positive and confident. I think being out of work for so long has made me realize that any job at this point is a good thing. I have actually lowered my standards and told myself that I will work just about anywhere mainly because I need a job. With that said, I have applied to some places that I normally wouldn't work, but because they are close to my home I figure I can save on gas and still bring in some $$.
I hope I didn't depress anyone. I feel so much better after going to this career minded workshop (they call it the fast track) and you learn all about resumes and cover letters and interviewing and all the techniques and I have really learned so much and am thankful because I am finally meeting people who are friendly and are willing to help you out. I just wanted to come on here and tell you all that no matter how bad it seems, there is always someone else worse off than you are. I had a good friend tell me this recently and now I am just trying to be positive and just take pride in myself.

I suppose it is kind of late in the game to get self-confidence huh? I mean I am 35 lol

Have a great weekend ladies!

loobylou
06-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Darlene, i am so happy to see that you have found a way out of the doldrums. Being positive and confident will be very much in your favour when you go for Job interviews. It's nice to hear a story full of hope, and it sounds like you made a friend along the way- pretty cool. i know the right job is out there for you. Go for IT!
Sarah

mahodgman
06-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks for sharing your story. It is true that there is always going to be someone worse off than you! I think attitude is everything. Feeling confident and happy is bound to lead you to the job that you so badly need. Good luck to you, girlfriend!

MidwestStamper
06-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Darlene, I know you from PCMB! Feeling confident about yourself and "liking" yourself is definately an ongoing process! I'm going to be 50 this year, and feel like I've come a long way since being age 35--the future will only get better and better! Thanks for sharing with us.

Caboverde1
06-23-2007, 12:28 PM
It doesnt matter what age you are when you get "it"...all that matters is that you do. Loving yourself is the single most important thing you do in your life. Always be willing to grow and change...both are a good thing. I'm proud of you for opening up and sharing your self with us...that is a very great step towards self exceptance. Cheers to YOU!

TOnii

scrappinnuts
06-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Darlene, Good for you. The only person that can provide happiness for you is you! Thank you for sharing with us.

buggainok
06-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Darlene,

Your post started my Saturday off on such a positive note! Thanks for sharing. Like everyone said, attitude makes all the difference. I feel like good things are in store for you in the future.

midnitecreations
06-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Darlene, what a great soul you are. Some people wouldn't have been so happy for another person who got the job that they went and applied for. I'm so glad you came out and talked to us here and that you're outlook is having such a great turnaround. Truly hope that your luck stays positive and that you find a job that you like very quickly.

ccstampin12
06-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Way to go, Darlene! Glad things are looking up for you!!!
Joanie

Darleneh710
06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Wow! I have been out all day with my daughter, Cassie. She was with her dad for a little over a week and just got back this morning so we spent the day together at the pool and shopping for crafts and I just wanted to say that I just came back on now to read all of the posts you wonderrful ladies left. I wanted to thank you all for saying such wonderful things about me and I love what Annette said...Annette...that makes me feel so wonderful inside knowing that I helped you have a better day a more positive one. Thanks for that. I feel so much better and happier after reading all over your posts. Thank you all for making me feel so special. It really means a lot to me. I am loving this positive energy though.
The only people that have been "bothering me" lately is those darn drivers in Mass that keep cutting me off LOL.
again thank you all for your support and kind words.
hugs,

Paula Carden
06-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Sometimes it makes us feel better when we do something nice for someone else just as you with the interview.
How thoughtful of you to help someone else land a job!!
You go Girl!!!

mydogstinks2
06-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Thats great that you were ablre to help her out with that job! Things will start looking up! Just keep positive!