PDA

View Full Version : Faux Mother of Pearl

Far North
11-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Has anyone made some cards with faux mother of pearl?? I would love to see some samples. I was inspired to try something new with my brayer for this week's challenge. But I didn't have any Lumiere so I bought a brass color which I thought would be a nice holiday accent. However now that I made a pretty background I suppose the color should be a ivory white to be like mother of pearl. So I would love to see what others have done.
Thanks...Jan

PS...okay I posted my 1st try. Of course this is one of those glimmery techniques that has a lot of depth which is hard to see in a photo. Any additional tips or experiences would be appreciated.
http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=732&cat=552

iloveflipflops
11-14-2006, 06:18 AM
I have never even heard of faux pearl let alone tried it but you made it look stunning!!

GrammaStamper
11-14-2006, 07:44 AM
I tried a background wash with Twinkling H20s yesterday. It's dry now so maybe I'll go stamp something on it and post my creation. Check back in a little while to see what I can come up with. Thanks for the inspiration, Jan.

inkinupstamps
11-14-2006, 07:47 AM
This is really lovely. Looks like you've just introduced me to yet another technique to try out. LOVELY card! :)

Far North
11-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I tried a background wash with Twinkling H20s yesterday. It's dry now so maybe I'll go stamp something on it and post my creation. Check back in a little while to see what I can come up with.

Barb, just not enough time to stamp and work too! I've water to try the Twinkles background wash so I look forward to seeing yours!

Know that splitcoasters has a tutorial on the faux mother of pearl technique.

Thanks for your compliments!...and looking forward to learning from your experiences.
...Jan