PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember playing the Ouija game long ago?

iloveflipflops
06-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Well, I got it for Emily for her birthday and we played it tonight. Both kids are now super scared. Emily's boyfriend is a total non-believer... My 2 believe in it so much they don't want to sleep in their rooms!!! LOL

We laughed so hard!!! I was doing it with her bf and I actually pushed the little triangle really fast towards Tyler and he jumped so high - we all busted out laughing and he was totally embarrassed!! It was so funny!!!

Then we got down to business and asked it questions and it always told the right answer. How does that thing work anyway :)

cindi
06-25-2007, 10:02 PM
are you picking on the boyfriend?? lol..go girl!
I never played with one..it gave me the creeps, I'll admit it.
Hope they have fun with it
:)

ccstampin12
06-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Our kids had a couple of the boards...it gives me the heebie jeebies. I have no idea how it works....geez...now I have chills!
LOL
Joanie

Jovi
06-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I remember watching my cousins play with one when I was younger...
they freak me out and I wouldn't go near one.
Just thinking of it gives me chills! :no2:

Jovi
06-25-2007, 11:22 PM
After reading THIS (http://skepdic.com/ouija.html)I still wouldn't play with one... LOL

shuggy
06-25-2007, 11:24 PM
ok, sherri, i know too many wacky scary stories from people just playing with those!! don't play anymore!!

GSMom385
06-25-2007, 11:24 PM
We had a ball with one in college, it was great fun after a few drinks, but creepy in how it was always right. Some how my DH and I ended up with it from the house we all use to live in and I put it out at a garage sale. I had a lady come up to me dead serious and say you really should burn this instead of wishing ill will on some one else by selling it. She was creepy. I think it ended up in the good will pile at the end. I will never forget that lady.

Erin K
06-25-2007, 11:42 PM
I've had my wacky experience with one too.. creepy stuff.

GrammaStamper
06-26-2007, 07:47 AM
I have several creepy stories about using one and, trust me, I won't touch it again, not ever, not no how, not no way! Scared the beejeebies outta me! And I was an adult and mom already.

In fact, my first experience in high school said I was going to marry and show the letters CLR. Well, the guy in front of me was Chuck Lomer and I was sure that was him. No, it wasn't. About 3 years later I met and married a guy whose last name was COLLIER!

Sherry
06-26-2007, 07:55 AM
I remember way back when I was in high school a bunch of kids were playing around with one. Apparently (I say apparently because I wasn't there), the board told one of the kids that he was going to die in a motorcycle accident and that he should sell the bike. The kid was a non-believer and kept his bike. Scary enough, the boy did get into a fatal motorcycle accident a few short months later.

The story was told to us by one of the kids who WAS there!

I would NEVER touch one of those boards ever!!

Christie
06-26-2007, 08:22 AM
IMO only this is a form of witchcraft. I haven't ever played with one and I don't ever plan on it! I think that by playing ask for evil to come into your life and I have enough problems of my own! LOL!! Hope it didn't give the kids nightmares!!

Trapedinga
06-26-2007, 08:31 AM
:wideeyed:I burned mine back in high school. Will never own one again. Several of us used it for a class and somehow I ended up with it at home. I had it on the floor of my bedroom just watching it when it started to move by itself. If it had been a breeze or air movement I would have understood, but it moved all over the board. Needless to say I grabed it and put it in the fireplace and burned it right then. That was too scary. It was fun watching the other students at school try to figure out how it was moving.:nod:
donna

mjbonoan
06-26-2007, 08:38 AM
I may have played with one or watched other kids play with one when I was about 6 or 7. I was too young so I thought the other older kids were moving the thing around. Never again will I touch one... to scary for my bones!!

jewele803
06-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Your kids will be the "cool" ones now (j/K)...I always wanted one but for whatever reason never had one...I don't ever remember anything too scary happening...it was just for fun!

logcabincreations
06-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Sherry....it's E V I L...... My sister and I use to have one when we were younger.....use to give us the heebiegeebies.

My3Ds
06-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Sherri - this is your chance to "ask the board" questions about your dd and her boyfriend (while they are there of course). Good way to keep them on the straight and narrow. :)

Scrap This!
06-26-2007, 12:05 PM
have never wanted to touch one.

MyRnAbS
06-26-2007, 02:31 PM
I have played with it more than once or twice :shocked: It gives me the creeps, and I don't buy that the triangle moves by our conscious minds. It's just very freaky! Sometimes it says that it's someone that has died many years ago, and that we didn't even know, how would our conscious minds remember that? I dunno!! Now I want to know.

toao
06-26-2007, 02:31 PM
I have to agree with Christie and Jan.... it's evil and you're just asking for trouble. Yes, I did play with one when I was a teenager and yes some weird stuff happened that freaked us out. I will never touch one again, nor will I let Tori have one ever. JMHO Tampering with the spirits is a no no.

Mary

teabear
06-26-2007, 02:33 PM
This is such an interesting thread. I had an experience with one when I was a young teen that scared me out of my wits. I called my dad to pick me up and would never get near one again. I'm sure the older kids rigged it, but not willing to take a chance. I don't like anything that is creepy or scary....no scary movies, no Halloween scary stuff, nothing like that. I think some things are better left alone.

Kreative Dryve
06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh my goodness....... do I remember some scary things happening when this thing comes out of the closet. My mom owns one, and we moved from one house to another. She purposely left it at the old house, and we all seen it on the shelf of the closet. When we opened the first box, at the new house, it was sitting on top of the box. We don't play much with it anymore, but my boys mentioned it the other day. I don't have to play with something like that to see weird stuff, it just happens naturally now, but thats a different story.

~MJ

MyRnAbS
06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh my goodness....... do I remember some scary things happening when this thing comes out of the closet. My mom owns one, and we moved from one house to another. She purposely left it at the old house, and we all seen it on the shelf of the closet. When we opened the first box, at the new house, it was sitting on top of the box. We don't play much with it anymore, but my boys mentioned it the other day. I don't have to play with something like that to see weird stuff, it just happens naturally now, but thats a different story.

~MJ

OMG!! I would love to hear more of your stories! I love stories like those!! If you don't mind sharing, or you can email me at [email protected] TIA

suzi_f
06-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I've never played w/one. My parents did when they were younger & creeped them out big time. But, for some reason, they never threw the board away & somehow it ended up in the kitchen & mom used it to roll out pie dough. (I don't know HOW that happened but....) Anyway, my mother always said that was the reason her pie dough never turned out 'cause of the evilness of the board. I wonder if she still has it?? The paper "cover" wore off when I was still a kid so you couldn't even tell what it was.

tesschap
06-29-2007, 04:00 PM
I will never touch one of these boards. I have some strange freaky memories of using one as a kid -back in 1975 when my family was visiting some relatives about 3 hours from home one of my cousins asked it who would be the next family member to die (I know . . . asking the question was morbid). The board spelled out the letters LEW and on the way home my mom and aunt came upon an accident. My cousin - Leonard Eugene Whitney - was ejected from the car and killed. Whether its superstition or coincidence we'll never know but it freaked me out enough to know I never wanted to touch a board nor expose one to my kids.