PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

1of2shoes
06-27-2007, 12:09 PM
I am getting ready to fly to my sister’s in PA tonight. I have a 10pm flight out of San Diego and will get into Cleveland around 5:30am for a 3 hour stopover then head on to PA. I can sleep on the plane no problem, but here’s my worry and cause for lots of anxiety today: I snore.

I snore very loudly, too. I don’t want to go to sleep and snore so loud that the other passengers are inconvenienced. I will tell the flight attendants and people around me that if I snore to please nudge me. At least that will give them peace for a little while. I am feeling so anxious about this. I don’t think I can stay awake all night, either.

Any suggestions? Anti-snore remedies? Tips? This might sound silly, but it’s making me crazy in anticipation of my flight.

emmcee
06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Can you get some of those snore thingies you put across the bridge of your nose? Mom has some and they help her a lot. And she's a trophy winning snorer! :laugh:

teabear
06-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe some of those Breathe Right nose strip thingies would help. I snore, too :)

ctinyjoy
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Have you ever tried those breathe-right strips? Do you snore when you are sitting up? My mom doesn't snore as bad when she is sleeping in a chair compared to a bed.

GrammaStamper
06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes, the Breathe Right strips work really good. I use them. Hopefully, because you'll be sitting up, it won't be anything to worry about.

Scrap This!
06-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I know the anxiety you are feeling as I snore too. Have a safe and fun trip.

1of2shoes
06-27-2007, 12:37 PM
:sigh: Ok, ladies, I'll try the Breathe Right strips. Never tried them before, but it's worth a shot. And I do snore just as loudly sitting up as I do lying down.

I just remembered that somebody told me that they put some kind of drops or something in their throat before they went to bed. Relaxed the muscles in their throat or something. I think I'll pass on that, tho.

shuggy
06-27-2007, 12:57 PM
get one of those pillows that are shaped like a horseshoe and go around your neck. then your head and neck will stay pretty straight and you might not snore at all!

hbpuppy
06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
There are a whole bunch of throat sprays that work. My mum is a major "log sawer" and the nose strips don't work for her. The throat spray is homeopathic and there are lots of different ones. Some even taste like peppermint. They work for 8 hours.

Erin K
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
DH snores bad, no strips or sprays work. I use ear plugs now.

added benifit, I'm not the one who has to get up if babies cry in the night. I can't hear them! :)

I say pass out ear plugs.

No really, I'm sure it will be fine, sound is funny on a plane, I can only hear waht is RIGHT next to me, so tell your rowmates to shove you if they need to and don't worry about everyone else.

If you want I'll bring my babies and they can scream and no one will notice your snoring?

1of2shoes
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Hey Heather, I didn't know about those throat sprays. Maybe I will try them. I don't want to try and stay awake all night just so I don't snore. I'll go to Sprouts on my lunch hour.

ccstampin12
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Good luck, Debbie.
Hope your flight will be snore-free!
Have you checked out the possibility of sleep apnea? Too late for now, but DH has it, snored so loud we could hear him all over the house, and he has an air machine now which eliminates the snoring! Have a great trip!
Joanie

My3Ds
06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Try not to worry about it. If you snore - well then, you snore. What are the chances you're going to see these people again anyway. :) OMG remember when one of the airlines booted someone because their child had a tantrum? What if they re-route your flight because you snore ;) DONT WORRY! :)

1of2shoes
06-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh, no! They might kick me out with a parachute somewhere over Kansas!! Anybody live in Kansas I can bunk with for the night? I promise not to snore! lol

1of2shoes
06-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Okey dokey. I went out at lunch and got some breathe right strips and some Snore Stop spray. It's the homeopathic one. You spray under the tongue and in the throat. I'm gonna use that and hope it works. I'm sitting in the back of the plane where all the noisy stuff is, so hopefully this combination of remedies will help with the snoring. Thanks for your help, ladies.

CRAFTNMOM
06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey Deb!
I'm in KS, so if they push you out you can stay with me. LOL!
Catherine

GSMom385
06-27-2007, 08:28 PM
The throat sprays are top notch, I highly recommend them. I sometimes use one when I have to room with co-workers for convention. I would simply go ask your pharmacist. That is what I did and they took me right to the stuff. The strips didn't do much for me, but they work great for my hubby, I think it depends on if you snore thru your nose or with your mouth open. Rest assured I fly quite a bit, it isn't that big a deal, LOTS of people do it on planes.

LinzyD
06-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Oh, no! They might kick me out with a parachute somewhere over Kansas!! Anybody live in Kansas I can bunk with for the night? I promise not to snore! lol

I'll be watching for ya! ;) You can sleep on my couch! :laugh:

threefriends91
07-08-2007, 01:02 AM
have a great trip sorry l can't help l snore so much and people just laugh at me when l snore so l just make a joke about it, my hb says it bothers me more then him by threefriends91

MyRnAbS
07-08-2007, 01:07 AM
I have the same problem, and I recommend breathe right 1000% just use that and you don't have to worry about a thing. have fun with ur sister!