PDA

View Full Version : Blending Stump?

lost luggage
11-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Ok- so I read that tutorial on splitcoast for Prisamcolor blending with Gamsol...I am curious now..only one person has ever mentioned using a blending stump on this site. Do y'all also use the stumps? There was also mention on that site of Tawain vs. China stumps... do you agree?

TIA

(Trying to figure out what to blow money on this week...)

1of2shoes
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
I like the look of the Prismas without being blended with either 1) a blending pencil (colorless prisma pencil), or 2) gamsol and s stump. Jennifer can back me up on this, right?

The stumps are sold in the art department where you buy the charcoal pencils, paint and such. They are tightly wrapped paper that you sharpen with an emery board or sandpaper.

I've used them with Gamsol and my prismas and it looks like a watercolor effect. Nice, if that's what you're looking for, but I like the Prismas with lots and lots of layers of color.

Check this out: http://www.inkyantics.com/acc1.htm

Julie, if you want to try it, I'll loan you my gamsol and stumps. What's a friend for if not for lending our her craft supplies?

Erin K
11-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. usually I'm too lazy to dig themout. I have the wrong fluid though, I got Terpinoid Natural, someone said it would work and it doesn't do too great. I'm about to buy some of the actual gamsol stuff and then I might like the technique more.

lost luggage
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
I like the look of the Prismas without being blended with either 1) a blending pencil (colorless prisma pencil), or 2) gamsol and s stump. Jennifer can back me up on this, right?

The stumps are sold in the art department where you buy the charcoal pencils, paint and such. They are tightly wrapped paper that you sharpen with an emery board or sandpaper.

I've used them with Gamsol and my prismas and it looks like a watercolor effect. Nice, if that's what you're looking for, but I like the Prismas with lots and lots of layers of color.

Check this out: http://www.inkyantics.com/acc1.htm

Julie, if you want to try it, I'll loan you my gamsol and stumps. What's a friend for if not for lending our her craft supplies?

You mean I can find something else for this weeks coupon??? OMG..what will I do with myself. LOL

Thanks, Debbie...let me check out that link first. Where were you $1000 ago? lol