PDA

View Full Version : Summer cooking tips

teabear
07-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Ok, it's hot as blue blazes here and I have no air-conditioning. I'm tired of sandwiches and pasta salad, so I had a brainstorm this morning. What if I cook in the crockpot, but put it in the garage so the house doesn't heat up. Well, I have garlic chicken in the crockpot, plugged in on top of a barstool (away from any bugs that may be crawling around) in the garage. Also I found this great thread of Crockpot recipes (http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=1423563&pg=1)at 2peas.

Do you have any other summer cooking tips besides take-out? Or any great crock pot recipes?

logcabincreations
07-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I cook a lot on the grill---I have a burner on the side so I don't have to heat up my stove if I need to cook something in a pot. Crockpot works too. I hate heating up my oven in the summer.

hbpuppy
07-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Hi Tami. We don't have AC either. The crockpot sounds like a good idea. Like Jan, we grill a lot when it gets toasty. Also, if I have to cook when it's hot, I try to do it first thing in the morning or at night after it's cooled off. I love main dish salads. Like, shrimp caesar. mmm.

Far North
07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
"Do you have any other summer cooking tips?"

YES, I do! And even better than take-out!...Plan a vacation to Alaska to enjoy a cooler summer! Highs nearing 80's today...just to remind us of a little warm. ...Jan