PDA

View Full Version : Christmas colors

Spartymom
07-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Hello, I made this card (thumbnail) and thought it might make a good christmas card. But, what colors would I use? There are five colors that were in this card. I thought of green,red, purple, white, ?

Plus, do I really want to use eyelets on the four corners for the christmas cards? I would need to make 35+ cards, that would be lots of work and eyelets. Any suggestions for the eyelet part would be helpful too. Thanks, Shack friends.

LinzyD
07-12-2007, 09:24 AM
You could just do different shades or red and green or even just white and blues/silvers. Hmmm..as for the eyelets, you could just use a small hole punch or even do some paper peircing...or buy a crop-a-dile. Cute card.

tesschap
07-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I would do blues and silvers, maybe a little Stickles. I prefer brads to eyelets. I have a tiny hole punch that makes affixing the brads very easy. If you don't want to do four maybe you could just do opposite corners or only use one and accent it with a piece of ribbon?

Can't wait to see wht you come up with.

workin4stamps
07-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm seeing some combinations of red, green, and white here. Multiple colors of green like what are on this one would work. Plus I think that brads are much easier than eyelets. Could you use brads instead??

It's a great card!

Traci

JBgreendawn
07-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Something metallic to your line up with some bling bling...
like shinny silver or gold ??
(if you want to keep the number at 5)
just a thought,
hth,
neat design too!

directmailscrapper
07-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Do you have a Crop A Dile? If so, you could cut the card stock and then do the eyelets while you were watching TV! I use both -- but on your card, it's kinda nice for the other color to show through. Are you cutting the colors at the bottom randomly? Maybe a piece of patterned paper might help speed you along.

Nice design, though! Have fun making your cards! Nancy

countrycowgirl
07-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Try gold, burgundy, green (a deep one) silver and maybe black.......

Spartymom
07-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas? I will shop around tomorrow for some paper and play with it and let you know what I come up with. Thanks. I still have to figure out what christmas stamp would work too..

Wanda
07-13-2007, 01:37 PM
What comes to my mind about using brads or eyelets is the increased postage. You might make one and take to the PO to see if they'll charge more because of the "bumps". In fact, take 2 -- one as is and one with some "padding" in it to see if that would keep the postage down. HTH.

Wanda

Spartymom
07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
This is what I"ve come up with. I really do like the colors. The stamp is great too. I used silver glitter glue for the fur on the stocking. I wasn't so thrilled about the little scraps at the bottom but then DD said, to make them look like presents. I drew bows in silver and gold. Please tell me what you think. Thanks.

iloveflipflops
07-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Yes I love the little presents at the bottom. Very cute card Kim!!! You are sure starting early :)

directmailscrapper
07-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Kim, I can't believe how great this card turned out! And to think, you don't have to mess with all of those brads or eyelets! This card is wonderful! What a great project -- and easy to "mass produce"! WOW! Nancy

countrycowgirl
07-13-2007, 04:31 PM
It turned out great.. love the little bow!

suzi_f
07-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I love the top part of the card!! I don't like the presents (sorry, I'm the lone voice of dissent here) I loved the "scraps" at the bottom of the blue one. I like that they are random-y. I can't do random well but I love it when it's done right.

irishchristine
07-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Great colors! I love it. I like the glitter!!

JBgreendawn
07-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh cute, i like how you made the bottom blocks into packages, the bling blings good too! :)

Wanda
07-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Now, I really like what you've done. What a difference.

Wanda