PDA

View Full Version : News

Janette2
07-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi all

Mikael and I are about to divorce, so I am packing my stuff here already.
There is no fighting or anything nasty..so things are pretty okay.

New apartment is already checked out and it was nice.
YouŽll see pictures here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/janettemetso/sets/72157600775013528/) (furnitures etc are not mine)

Now I need to learn to live / be alone...which I have hated all my life time...
get new furnitures and decors....

threefriends91
07-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi Janette so sorry to hear about things like this. l'm glad there is no fighting but it does not make everything o.k. it's tough when you are first living on your own l went through it many years ago and my daughter went through it last year however if its any comfort she loves living on her own now. we are here for you and any time you want to talk please everyone here is great and we will be here for you, if there is anything we can do for you just ask. sometimes you may just want someone to listen to you and that is o.k. it helps to talk. my name is Cathy and l will be gone Sat and Sun. but back on Monday, but l'm sure the ladies here will help. please just know you are not alone. l will be praying for you and hope to hear from you soon

Caboverde1
07-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi Janette:
I will pray that God gives you piece with this change happening in your life. One chapter closed and another begins...

TONii

hbpuppy
07-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Janette. Divorce is stressful and moving is stressful. I've done both. Just remember that you are not alone. You have good friends here.

ccstampin12
07-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Janette,
So sorry to hear this news.
Wish I could help you. I guess by being "here" is the best I can do, since I'm not planning any trips to Finland!
Good luck with the move. Your new place looks very nice!
Joanie

mahodgman
07-13-2007, 03:06 PM
You sound very positive about these changes, so I'll just wish you the best and I hope you are settled in to your new home soon. This is a good time to lean on your friends and family and to keep your positive attitude. Be happy!

Janette2
07-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Thank you all. I am thiking this change as a new beginning ...new start. My mother is not helpy because her attitude and no friends in Finland... but Mikael will be my best friend after all.

Christie
07-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Now I need to learn to live / be alone...which I have hated all my life time...
get new furnitures and decors....

Don't think of it as living alone, think of it as having all the time you want to stamp!!! I'm sorry to hear about your divorce, I hope that it stays on good terms and no arguing.

Janette2
07-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Don't think of it as living alone, think of it as having all the time you want to stamp!!! I'm sorry to hear about your divorce, I hope that it stays on good terms and no arguing.

If I only would have enough card making goodies!

laos348
07-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear your news - good luck on this new phase of your life.

Laura

toao
07-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Best blessings to you in this tough time. We're here for you if you need to talk at any time and just need some company.

Mary

ellie
07-13-2007, 10:55 PM
I am so sorry to hear this news. May God grant you peace, encouragement, and joy as you begin this new chapter of life. Remember, we are here for you whenever you want to chat.

patg
07-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Hi Janette,
I am so sorry to hear about this! (((((hugs to you)))))). Pat

countrycowgirl
07-14-2007, 12:55 AM
This is the time to lean on family and friends for support.. go to dinner and be out and about with people you are close to until you are used to being alone. Sorry about the divorce, but is sounds like you have reconciled it with yourself and are moving on!

Best of luck!

kimmyqtgirl
07-14-2007, 01:27 AM
I will keep you in my thoughts! Sounds like you are ok with everything. New beginnings are always scary, but I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and something wonderful will come from this!
Best of luck!

MyRnAbS
07-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Janette,
My prayers are with you!

What is your addy so I can send you some stamping goodies to get you on your way up. Or how about letting us have a little wish list? Everyone should have loads of stamping goodies to keep their minds occupied!!

Wishing you the best in anything you do, and WOWZA that is such a wonderful home, congratulations. Good luck on your new venture!!

threefriends91
07-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Janette if you give me your address l will mail you out some of my extra craft goodys to help you keep busy just e-mail me [email protected] its 6 a.m. Saturday and l will be going up to see my father in-law at the hosp. but will be back on Monday. P.S. l told you everyone here is great have a good weekend. Cathy

tesschap
07-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Sending you a big hug. All of your Shack friends are here for you. Sending you big HUGS.

mjbonoan
07-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Janette, first of all my prayers are with you in this trying time. You will be fine, it's a new adjustment in your life. You sound very positive and if he is still your friend, then more power to you. Occupy your mind doing things you enjoy, I understand that it may be hard to concentrate while taking such a big step. I remember crocheting day and night (this was before stamping came along) and I always kept busy. Of course I also had Myrna tugging on me, so friends are also a great help. Yes, been there, done that... I was on my own for 6 years before I remarried a wonderful man. The first one was an abusive wife beater so I left as soon as I could.

Janette2
07-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh my...thank you much my friends...I will send PM with my addy and check out my wishlist too.

In these times people should at least realize how important friends are!

Janette2
07-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Janette,
My prayers are with you!

What is your addy so I can send you some stamping goodies to get you on your way up. Or how about letting us have a little wish list? Everyone should have loads of stamping goodies to keep their minds occupied!!

Wishing you the best in anything you do, and WOWZA that is such a wonderful home, congratulations. Good luck on your new venture!!

Thank you Myrna (and all)

I have a wishlist now in my profile page. There is also my addy.
I realized that I have to put pc table for my bedroom and craft table for livingroom...bedroom was not enough for my crafty things :huh:

Darleneh710
07-16-2007, 01:59 PM
My name is Darlene.I am sorry that you are going through this. But I must say that I loved living on my own. I had to move back in with my parents a couple of months ago. I lived on my own with my 11 y.o. daughter for 3 years and I really enjoyed "my time". It was nice to not have to answer to anyone or to be able to do what I wanted instead of compromising all the time. Look at this as a new beginning, getting in touch with yourself and finding out maybe more things that you like to do that you never got to try before.
Good luck!

logcabincreations
07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Keeping you close in thought and prayers. Feel free to pm me anytime if you need to talk.

Janette2
07-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Darlene, thanks for sharing your story. I think that I need to find myself too...at least now I have found my dream career (silversmith) but all those courage and strength is still missing.

Updating: I have signed my apartment contract and and I am almost ready to move...I will get the key on 30th day so I try to get moving help for that day. I have cried and hated my life...almost hated the city where I live too...crying helped a lot!

Caboverde1
07-22-2007, 07:09 PM
good girl...crying relieves pressure...believe in yourself...you CAN DO THIS...whats the new ADDY??

TOnii

Patty
07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
think of all the advantages of living alone--I went through what you are going through now, --a long time ago. It turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. Thank God for family and friends. You'll be better off in the long run. Have faith and stay in touch--patty

mjbonoan
07-22-2007, 08:48 PM
It will be great living alone... enjoy "your" time. I visited your blog and noticed all the fun stuff in your craft area, you seem to have enough craft material to hold you for a very long time. You will be fine after you get organized in your new apartment. Good Luck!

cindi
07-22-2007, 09:05 PM
I must have missed this thread before.
I wil say a oprayer for you to help with this big adjustment! Friends both us & your close to you friends will be very important..yes that is wisdom from one who's been there done that.
good luck to you and remember we are here if you want to celebreate, vent, or cry..or all the above!
hugs Cindi
:)

teabear
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Sending you good wishes for an easy move and a peaceful life in your new place. It's been a long time since I lived alone, but I did love that everything was where I left it...including the ice cream.