PDA

View Full Version : Weightloss? What's that?

Darleneh710
07-16-2007, 02:10 PM
LOL...
Sorry, but I kept telling myself I was going to stick to eating right and working out this spring and then this summer and now we are in the middle of July and still...nothing. Don't get me wrong, I was working out...doing my Leslie video, but when I moved my room around I found I had less space than before to do the walking. So, I kinda stopped (that was a couple of months ago). But I did come to a realization for myself. I'm not heavy so I am trying to "accept" the way I look. I know we all want to lose a few pounds, some more than others. But I think it basically comes down to if you don't like the way you look then you want to change something. Personally, I am not crazy about the way I look, but I am comfortable enough with the way I look to not obsess over wanting to lose weight. Hope that made some sense. lol. Every day I keep telling myself that this will be the day that I take that walk around the block...but it never happens lol
tfl

MidwestStamper
07-16-2007, 02:25 PM
It is good to like yourself and be content with yourself--I agree! But when my blood pressure and other things started to be affected by my weight, then I knew I needed to make some changes.

I did really good for awhile and took off 50 lbs. and kept it off for a couple years. Now in the past half year, the weight has started to creep back on--plus I'm older and my metabolism isn't burning those calories like it used to!

I'd love to reach a comfortable stage (and I don't mean skinny--just more comfortable!) and be able to stay there! For me, a size 16 is a very good weight and size!