PDA

View Full Version : Do you think he's fat?

Robinkay
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Sorry I will try again to get the pic on...duh!

This is my kitty cat Pepe. Everyone makes fun of him for being too fat.
Do you think he is fat? I put a $1 bill to kinda show you.

Should I put him on diet food? :worried:

Robinkay

Christie
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't see him.

Robinkay
07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Here's Pepe...;)

My3Ds
07-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Just a tad. :)

stampinmom3
07-18-2007, 05:01 PM
definately! But so am I and my people still love me too. LOL

directmailscrapper
07-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Uh, is this a trick question? Is this one of those "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" questions that has no right answer? Based on the picture that you posted, your little kitty looks...HEALTHY -- yup -- that's the word, this is quite a "healthy" cat! :-) (translation -- ya, kitty looks fat!)

Spartymom
07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
How old is the 'kitty'? My cat is 6 years old and looks like this. Not too fat, he just has a belly like his mom and dad (me and DH).

Erin K
07-18-2007, 05:23 PM
yes he looks fat to me, he should dent in a bit in the lower gut my vet tells me, standing up if you reach at the bottom of his gut and there is a "pouch of fat" then he's fat. I have a pouch of fat myself. He looks healthy and beautiful though. I'd maybe switch him to the low fat or check his portion control, but I don't think he's scarry fat or anything.

I LOVE how you put that dollar for size reference though! That made me LOL! He sorta looks like he's been... "working" you know one of those places you get paid in singles stuffed in the garter belt? OK, sorry if I offended your cat.

Christie
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I would say he is a bit fat. He's very cute though!

cindi
07-18-2007, 05:43 PM
he's not fat, he's just fluffy!!!!
or pudgy..
He's sure is a cutie.
You could put him on 1 hour of play a day & see if he tones up.
:)

Robinkay
07-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I have to tell you that I bought him one of those kitty condos with the two holes for them to get in and climb around...well all he could do was stick his head in a look around. Poor Pepe. He is about...2 years old. The problem is I only have him in my bedoom so he gets no exercise...maybe I should let him run the house.?
Robinkay

iloveflipflops
07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I say he's fluffy not fat :)

cindi
07-18-2007, 06:51 PM
and activly play with him one hour a day..you can break it up into 2 or 3 play saessions, I use one of those toys on a stick, or a lazer pointer. Really gets them moving and we all know,..gotta move to lose.

Christie
07-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I say give him the run of the house. I bet it's boring to be in a bedroom all the time. I bet he would love to run around inside the house and visit with everyone!!

1of2shoes
07-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes, he does look a bit hefty to me. How much does he weigh? I have a male and he weighs 18 lbs, but he's just big. His tummy isn't big like your kitty's. He looks happy, though. I love big kitties.

mjbonoan
07-18-2007, 07:13 PM
he's not fat, he's just fluffy!!!!
or pudgy..
He's sure is a cutie.
You could put him on 1 hour of play a day & see if he tones up.
Cindi... I had to laugh!! That's what I tell Mike... I'm not fat, just fluffy!! Of course I do need to lose about 100 pounds.

Yes, Pepe looks fat, but he's beautiful nonetheless. I'd go with Erin's suggestion of low-fat food. Then again he might hate it, I know I do. As long as he's healthy, so what if he's fat!

toao
07-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I think he's a hefty guy. It could be dangerous to his health if he's too big. Maybe a trip to the vet and some special food for him is all you need. (Please don't think I'm saying there's anything wrong with your cat.) I just watched a show on this not too long ago.

Mary

Caboverde1
07-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Just Huge! WOW!

ellie
07-18-2007, 10:07 PM
He looks "happy"! Bless his little heart. What a pretty cat.

patg
07-18-2007, 11:24 PM
I like him the way he is! My niece's cat is a male cat and he is about the same size as yours (double ours) as our is a little female. It makes him twice as cuddly.
Pat

MnMommy2
07-19-2007, 01:59 AM
My aunts cat was fatter I tell you! Sadly she died last year, not from being fat though- the cat was 19 years old!

mydogstinks2
07-19-2007, 08:54 AM
LMAO!!! What ya'll can't tell from the picture is not how fat that cat is but how little his head is! You know those garden statues they make of those really fat cats with little heads? That is what Pepe is like! LOL If he ever sneezed really hard I think his head with disappear. LOL

Funny too is that she has to put a chair up to the window for him to sit in cause he don't fit in the window sill. LOL

I laugh too because we have a fwt cat too! (but his head is the right size!)

MyRnAbS
07-19-2007, 09:14 AM
I think that cat is one of the most beautiful creatures I've ever seen!! I have always dreamed of having a HUGE PLUMP cat! Keep doing what ur doing, he seems content. That Pepe le piu would strike us silly if he knew we were talking about him. I bet he's a load of fun to have around, and he seems to have that I'm the man attitude. Gotta love him!

ccstampin12
07-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Ummmm, yes, but I say, "More to love!"
I shouldn't be too judgemental...our male cat weighs around 16-17#. He definitely should lose weight! He avoids any exercise....his idea of that is knocking something off a surface and watching it fall!
LOL
Gotta love 'em!
Great pix...sweet cat!
Joanie

MyRnAbS
07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
OMG Joanie,
your cat sounds so much like me!! WOW I'm stunned! I too do the same thing just to watch my dh pick things up ;) Plus I also avoid as much exercise as possible. And uh, I used to be a size 16, but I've dropped a few God only knows how or why don't ask it's a mystery to me.

moon_beam23
07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't say fat, I would say festively plump! lol Seriously I've seen fatter cats so I think Pepe is good!

logcabincreations
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Hmmmmmmm, are you sure HE's not a SHE ready to give birth?? If not, get a kitty leash and take him out for some walks......lol