PDA

View Full Version : If you enjoy making your own backgrounds...

Far North
07-18-2007, 09:50 PM
for stamping you may find you want to try some of Delta's Paint Jewels. They are super glossy paints that look wet even when they are dry and they have a very interesting transparent look. I found them at M's over the lunch hour and bought a couple to try. It is on a clearance sale here--on a rack right when you walk in the door before Martha's stuff. The bottles are regularly $3.79 each on sale for 50 cents. Last of the big spenders here said okay I'll try it.

Then I couldn't stand it and had to open them on my afternoon break. One of these days I will get my office set up for such moments but in the meantime I had no brush so settled for a wooden disposable chopstick (I just knew that would come in handy some day!) Well I spread it on regular printer paper with the stick...which cause some dimension and depth of color. In dried instantly without any buckling of the thin paper and the colors are yummy. Of course it is hard to tell if it is dry or not but the finger never got a spot of paint on it! Here is Delta's site (http://deltacreative.com/Paint/PaintJewels/techniques/techGuide.asp) to tell you more.
Time to go play with these fun new colors...oh ya I had to made another stop on the way home for a few more colors!...Jan

tojoco
07-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Wow sounds interesting, Jan. Can't wait to see what you come up with using these paints.

countrycowgirl
07-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Well looking forward to your first card you are going to post with these!