PDA

View Full Version : Stamping on fabric

inkinupstamps
07-23-2007, 11:17 AM
I hope you'll take a peek at my card in the gallery: http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=8520&limit=recent

I'm a seamstress first but haven't sewn in ages with the exception of sewing on cards. This morning I inked up some stamps and stamped them on Aida 14 count cloth and did a bit of sewing and backstitch.

This card was very easy and fast. It has a few problems that will be easily solved in future cards. I have so many ideas swimming in my head for stamping on fabric and also getting back into sewing. I may even create a tutorial if there is interest, and post on my blog.

TFL

tojoco
07-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I saw this card on your blog and thought it was beautiful. What a great idea to stamp on aida cloth and then handstitch your sentiment. Wonderful card Jennifer. (I tried to leave a comment but it didn't take.)

Christie
07-23-2007, 01:02 PM
What a great card Jennifer. I think that putting directions on your blog would be a good idea. I think you've opened up a new door with stamping on fabric. I never thought to do that. With the stitching you added, it really makes this a wonderful card! Thanks for sharing it with us!

workin4stamps
07-23-2007, 01:33 PM
wow!!! That is awesome!!!!

So beautiful!!

Traci

firefly
07-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Beautiful! Yes please share the instructions! Sally